Author Topic: just a quick hello  (Read 6935 times)

sonya

• nospam
    • View Profile
just a quick hello
« on: August 16, 2012, 10:08:52 AM »
Hi all,

just a really quick hello. Thank you so much for your thoughts over these last few weeks. I really appreciate it and have not replied as still have no internet at home and really dont feel like writing much in the library.
Hope that you are all keeping well. Take care and I look forward to getting internet sorted in Dubai in the next few weeks and getting back online again.
Take care,
Son xx
Perhaps they are not the stars, but rather openings in Heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
Re: just a quick hello
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012, 10:38:30 AM »
Thanks for checking in Sonya....lots of love.
Tony Repola 07/20/66 – 03/29/09
I know you are fishing in the oceans and streams of heaven

stampingwidow

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2012, 07:26:10 AM »
Thanks for keeping in touch!

jasonkl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2012, 10:24:51 AM »
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Sonya))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

thanks for checking in. hoping to hear from you soon.

Jason

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2012, 11:26:48 AM »

Hi Sonya! When will you be in Dubai? Please let us know.

I imagine you're very tired with not only Tone's dates but the move in itself. What a difficult month for you. Please know we are here for you.

(((((((((Son)))))))))

Love,
Terry

sonya

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2012, 11:45:52 AM »
Tone's 23rd, I fly out 24th, arrive25th,start work26th. Eek! Xxxx
Perhaps they are not the stars, but rather openings in Heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy

arthur

• nospam
  • ((Maureen))
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2012, 10:50:54 PM »
Hi Sonya..Good luck and hang in there!-arthur

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2012, 05:38:04 AM »
Tone's 23rd, I fly out 24th, arrive25th,start work26th. Eek! Xxxx

Double Eek!!!

Let's have a going away/coming home party for Sonya in the chat room! I've got the balloons and the cupcakes! :)

Remember....we are right there with you, my friend.

(((((((((Sonya)))))))))

Love,
Terry

angie

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2012, 06:51:11 AM »
(((((((((((( SONYA ))))))))))))))

Glad to see u post xxx
Thinking of you.Sending all my love

HUGEST HUGS
Love
Angie
XXXXX

sonya

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2012, 07:21:12 AM »
Thanks agaion guys!!!

Now without a cell phone for 2 days! my world of communication is reduced to face to faace or possibly smoke rings! lol
Hope you all doing ok, fighting the good fight and finding things to make you giggle.

Saturday my friend suggested we do a powa puja at the local Buddhist temple. Its a beautiful old (1200) building and grounds. Tone and I met M paragliding and we went with her and her husband flying in the himalayas where we spent about a month staying in  buddhist temple. Tone also practiced meditation on and off.
So the suggestion of a puja seemed perfect, even though Tone was never a buddhist and neither are we.
i took an offering of yellow flowers (of course!) and a big slab of chocolate for the monks to enjoy later.
The 'service' took an hour and was dedicated to Tone and a number of others who had also recently passed.
The focus was basically a guided meditation, or prayers, sent to send Tone to the 'bliss lands'. To heaven. To be free of this earthly plain and reside in peace and happiness.
Now obviously my first choice is to having residing right next to me, alive and well, but this is definately a very close second.
It was a very personal, introspective and beautiful ceremony, in gorgeous grounds that we had visited together. A wonderful idea.

The next day, Sunday, was my last service to attend in my local church. They prayed for me and Toine. ANd i really got the feeling that he had gone. Up to heaven ior the bliss lands or whatever you call it. The peace and freedom from the pain he was living through. I guess that means that I have come to accept his loss. Accepting his decision will take more time but this is a big step and I wanted to share. Thursday is the 'big day'. A walk to the beach and a scattering of the last of the ashes and a chat with Tone is all that I plan. ANd I think thats enough.

Take good care, thanks for listening and all yor support,

Son xxx

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2012, 10:21:09 AM »

Saturday my friend suggested we do a powa puja at the local Buddhist temple. Its a beautiful old (1200) building and grounds. Tone and I met M paragliding and we went with her and her husband flying in the himalayas where we spent about a month staying in  buddhist temple. Tone also practiced meditation on and off.
So the suggestion of a puja seemed perfect, even though Tone was never a buddhist and neither are we.
i took an offering of yellow flowers (of course!) and a big slab of chocolate for the monks to enjoy later.
The 'service' took an hour and was dedicated to Tone and a number of others who had also recently passed.
The focus was basically a guided meditation, or prayers, sent to send Tone to the 'bliss lands'. To heaven. To be free of this earthly plain and reside in peace and happiness.
Now obviously my first choice is to having residing right next to me, alive and well, but this is definately a very close second.
It was a very personal, introspective and beautiful ceremony, in gorgeous grounds that we had visited together. A wonderful idea.

The next day, Sunday, was my last service to attend in my local church. They prayed for me and Toine. ANd i really got the feeling that he had gone. Up to heaven ior the bliss lands or whatever you call it. The peace and freedom from the pain he was living through. I guess that means that I have come to accept his loss. Accepting his decision will take more time but this is a big step and I wanted to share. Thursday is the 'big day'. A walk to the beach and a scattering of the last of the ashes and a chat with Tone is all that I plan. ANd I think thats enough.

Lovely! Thanks so much for sharing how you honored Tone!

(((((((((Sonya)))))))))

Love,
Terry

Jean D

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2012, 11:44:34 AM »
Sounds like a beautiful ceremony. Thanks for sharing it with us.
Jean

angie

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2012, 01:45:23 PM »
(((((((((((((( SONYA )))))))))))))))))

The ceremony sounded like a great way to honour Tone xxxx

Glad acceptance is bringing you peace xx

Hope you  get to the beach for a good chat with Tone on Thursday
n i hope you see plenty yellow things on the way there.
:)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)

Thinking of you.Sending you all my love

HUGEST HUGS
Love
Angie
XXXXXX

sonya

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2012, 03:56:34 AM »
(((((((Angie))))))))
(((((((Terry)))))))
(((((((Jean))))))))

Angie thanks for sending me those yellow smiley faces once again! :)
Son xxx

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2012, 12:09:22 PM »
(((((((((Sonya))))))))))))))
Tony Repola 07/20/66 – 03/29/09
I know you are fishing in the oceans and streams of heaven