Author Topic: My mother killed herself  (Read 9832 times)

SHANTI

• View Profile
My mother killed herself
« on: June 27, 2012, 07:09:56 PM »
Hi,

My name is Dove and I am new here.  This is my first post, ever, in any type of forum.  So sad it is this one that I am visiting but grateful there is a community for this.  My Mom took her life on November 17, 2011.  I have been in deep pain ever since that moment when I received the phone call notifying me of her actions.  I am still in shock at times, deep sadness, anger, confusion, guilt, and other emotions I cannot even describe.  I am introducing myself here and reaching out for support since I feel very isolated in my healing sometimes out in the real world.  I have a wonderful therapist, a loving and supportive husband, a great community of support but no one can truly understand what I am going through.

I am grateful for you all being there.

Be well
Dove

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Re: My mother killed herself
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 07:42:28 AM »

Dove - Welcome to Webhealing and thank you for sharing your story with us. Suicide is an extra burden when grieving as there are no answers and one is left with asking them, nevertheless with no resolve.

Tell us more about your Mom when you're comfortable doing so. We're all here to listen.

I'm glad you found us.

Love,
Terry

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2012, 08:33:36 AM »
Hello Dove ~

Welcome.  I am sor very sorry for the loss of your mother.  You have come to the right place, there are many supportive people here.

As Terry said, we are here to listen when you're ready. 

(((((Dove))))

lots of love.
Tony Repola 07/20/66 – 03/29/09
I know you are fishing in the oceans and streams of heaven

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012, 11:37:25 AM »

Hi Dove,

Thinking of you today and hope you are doing Ok. Feel free to post on the Parent Loss board as it is more active. You're welcome to post on any board, of course as most of us do.

Let us know how you're doing when you find the time.

(((((((((Dove)))))))))

Love,
Terry

sonya

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2012, 03:36:36 PM »
Hi (((((((Dove)))))),

welcome to webhealing. I am so sorry for the terrible loss of your mom.
I lost my Tony to suicide in August. Its not the same as losing a parent by any means.
I mainly post on the spouse and partner board as its more active, but I do keep an eye out on here too.

If you feel like sharing more, I will listen.
I am so sorry that you have found yourself here, but so pleased too. Like you I have never used any forum before, but the wonderful people on here have, and continue to. help me massively
I hope that you find it helps too.

Take good care,

Son xx
Perhaps they are not the stars, but rather openings in Heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2012, 09:58:23 AM »
Dove - wondering how you're doing.
Tony Repola 07/20/66 – 03/29/09
I know you are fishing in the oceans and streams of heaven