Author Topic: Is Suicide Loss new?  (Read 5375 times)

rita-grammy

• nospam
  • Judi Rebecca ( Boo)
    • View Profile
    • myspace.com/ritagrammy
Is Suicide Loss new?
« on: March 23, 2012, 07:03:17 AM »
Do not remember if the suicide loss forum was here before ....its been awhile ..but, I think its a wonderful idea
suicide rates are climbing in our country and sadly there are not many of resources for those of us left behind. Suicide is a grief all in its own category  as it carries so much baggage with it such as guilt and shattered lives...its a struggle to deal with the fact that your loved one felt no other alternative then leaving you ...My daughter died as a result of suicide July 22 2008 my life and heart were so shattered I almost did not survive it has been  the loneliest darkest journey I have ever walked..  I found it very difficult to find people who would talk to me about it  suicide it seems it something everyone wants to shove under the rug hide it pretend it doesn't happen but sadly it does happen ...My  daughter died from an illness one that can be every bit as fatal as cancer its called depression and until we talk about it until we admit we have a problem or our child has a problem we will keep losing our loved ones to this horrible illness ...mental illness is very real and like any other illness it does not mean that person is weak or deserved to die or had a horrible childhood most come from very normal families who never thought this could happen to them and struggle the rest of their lives with the whys never really finding the answers ....My heart and prayers go out to anyone who is living this nightmare ....
I'll love you for always
I'll like you forever
as long as I'm living
my baby you'll be

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Re: Is Suicide Loss new?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 08:10:51 AM »

Hey Rita,

It's been up for a little awhile. Around the same time the Spouse, Parent, Sibling and Grief not related boards went up. There has never been a lot of activity as a few of the Mom's came over to the Child Loss board. Other than our Mom's, I really don't know why there hasn't been activity, as so many had asked for it.

Our 'Don', Donny's Dad, was active on there. I had asked him if he would 'over-see' that board but again, there was little to no activity.

Good to see you posting. Miss seeing beautiful Becca.

Love you,
Terry

sonya

• nospam
    • View Profile
Re: Is Suicide Loss new?
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2012, 12:21:32 PM »
Hi Rita-grammy

I am so sorry for the loss of your daughter.

I lost my wonderful Tone on 23rd August. I post on the spouse / partner board.
I still find it so hard to say the word. Just tried to type it and it takes my breath away. This is why I dont post on here. I keep hoping that some day soon I will be able to post on both because there is so much about how he died that impacts my grief, not just that he is gone.
Maybe thats what we are all doing? Hiding in other boards?

Son xxx
Perhaps they are not the stars, but rather openings in Heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy