Author Topic: Happened all over again  (Read 1844 times)

Gail08

• nospam
  • Where Jolene flew into the wind
    • View Profile
Happened all over again
« on: March 19, 2012, 03:22:38 PM »
Friday will be 2 months since my uncle died.  I still can't believe he is gone.  Last night I dreamed of his death and funeral.  It was like it was happening all over again.  When I woke up I was so numb. Going through it once was more than enough but having to go through it again hurts even more.  I will never forget the moment he died.  I was holding his head in my hands.  His last words to me after I told him I loved him and kissed him were, "I love you and be careful."  I will ALWAYS cherish the visit I had with him when I went to his house last September as that was the last time I was at his house to visit before he died.  I miss him SOOOOO much.
G                                  Sisters 2 the end
  A                                Friends 2 the end
     I                   _________________________
 J O L E N E              In my heart 4 ever

helene

• nospam
  • My Dad
    • View Profile
Re: Happened all over again
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 01:53:39 PM »
Gail: what a loving man your Uncle was and his last words were so tender and spoken from a true heart! These are very early days yet for you in your grieving and the pain is hard! Post more about your dear Uncle any time you feel you can and I will be listening, as I know others here will be too.

I was also blessed to have a wonderful and loving Uncle. My Uncle Basil was as different from my mother as day and night (Basil being the former). I lost Basil the Christmas of 2009, then Lesley died in July of 2010. Let's tell each other, and everyone else here, some more about our uncles ok?

((((((((((((((Gail)))))))))))))))

Love from Helene.

Helene & Lesley

Gail08

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 03:44:35 PM »
Helene,
Yes, lets do tell eveyone more about our uncles.  I will soon as I want to share about a very special person.  I will be looking forward to hearing more about your special Uncle Basil when you feel up to sharing more.

((((((((((HUGS)))))))))) to you.

Gail

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2012, 05:35:48 PM »

(((((Gail)))))

Thanks for posting that picture of Jolene's special place. Look forward to seeing more.

I'm sorry you're feeling so bad. I do understand that numb feeling.

Sending you hugs and my love,
Terry

helene

• nospam
  • My Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2012, 08:59:04 AM »
Hi Gail,

I was wondering how you are feeling this week - how things are going? No doubt you are filled with all kinds of thoughts and memories of your dear Uncle whom you lost so recently. We do not have forums here for Grandparents, Aunts & Uncles & Cousins, or Friends & Colleagues, or even loss of Pets. I guess we can't have forums for everything or everyone and that is what 'MAIN' is partially for.

I thought I'd tell you a little about my Uncle Basil Richards. He was my mother's older brother and my mother's only sibling. They were the opposite in almost every way. While my mother was a extraverted powerhouse, a narcissist and sociopath who trod on anyone to get where she wanted to get, and could shred a person to pieces in her scathing, mocking comments, Basil was an intravert, gentle, hypersensitive, a introspective man who loved to write. What my mother, June, and Basil had in commone was their fantastic good looks: both had the Richards dark brown-black hair, were tall, with large, brown eyes, fine facial features, and sensous mouths. They looked like movie stars when they were young. (My younger sister Julie inherited the Richards good looks. I look more like my Dad's side of the family, not quite so good looking but interesting none-the-less, with blond-brown hair, and less dramatic and stunning facial features, but still tall.)

Basil was a brilliant scholar as a youth. In public school he was once caught in class staring out the window and paying absolutley no attention to the teacher. So the teacher singled Basil out and demanded: "BASIL: What have I just been talking about?!" Well! Basil not only told the teacher, in great detail, what he was talking about but also explained how and why the teacher's approach, or 'arguement' or opinion' was completely wrong. The teacher was stunned because Basil was right. Basil could not be refuted and that was the last time that teacher ever singled Basil out in class. Later Basil won all kinds of full paid scholarships to go to college. My mother later called him 'stupid' for quitting college just a few months before Basil would have graduated with full honors, but WWII had arrived and every young man was signing up into the army. More later on my Uncle Basil if you would like to hear more of his story.

I am here and listening any time you would like to share more about your Uncle, Gail!

With love from Helnee.

Helene & Lesley

Gail08

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2012, 01:51:50 PM »
Helene,
Thanks so much for sharing about your special Uncle Basil.  I would love to hear more about him when you feel up to sharing.  He sounds like someone that anybody would be honored to know.

I will be here when you get ready to share more.

((((HUGS))))

Gail