Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2014, 02:11:54 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  webhealing.com
|-+  Crisis, Grief, and Healing
| |-+  Main
| | |-+  My friend's funeral
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: My friend's funeral  (Read 2042 times)
Gail08
nospam

Where Jolene flew into the wind

View Profile
« on: February 27, 2012, 04:52:28 PM »

My friend's funeral was Friday.  It was such a hard day.   Seeing her in the casket was just so numbing.  I have kept in contact with my friend's grandmother weekly for the past 9 years and when we saw each other Friday we hugged and cried.   Every memory that I have of my friend went through my mind during the funeral.  We just had so much fun together.  I wish it didn't hurt so much.

G                                  Sisters 2 the end
  A                                Friends 2 the end
     I                   _________________________
 J O L E N E              In my heart 4 ever
Terry
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 09:43:37 PM »

Gail,

My heart goes out to her family as they've had a devastating loss. How are they holding up? Please let them know they have my prayers. I'm sorry you lost your friend and know that you have my heart tonight as you're missing her so. I do understand.

(((((((((Gail)))))))))))

Love,
Terry

"The amount of grief one feels is in direct proportion to the amount of love one felt." From C.S. Lewis in his book A Grief Observed.
browneyedgirl
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 09:18:42 AM »

(((Gail))))

Thanks for posting, I, too, am keeping you and her family in my thoughts.

Tony Repola 07/20/66 03/29/09
I know you are fishing in the oceans and streams of heaven
Doug1222
nospam

Keep on keeping on.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 09:40:52 AM »

Gail, I'm so sorry to hear you're hurting. You and her family are in my prayers.

Doug
helene
nospam

My Dad

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 09:44:29 AM »

Gail,

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers as well. I am so sorry that you are in so much pain. True friends are very rare in this life I have found.

With much love,

((((((((((Gail)))))))))))

Helene.

Helene & Lesley
Gail08
nospam

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2012, 02:37:15 PM »

Thank you all for your prayers.  They mean and help so much right now.  The friendship of each of you is such a blessing to me.  You are all in my prayers daily.
My friend's family is holding up better than I expected they would.  Her grandmother has always been a trooper through any and every thing that comes her way.  They all appreciate your prayers as well.
Thanks again for all of your support and prayers.   Without you I could not make it through right now.

((((HUGS)))) to all of you,

Gail

helene
nospam

My Dad

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2012, 07:49:33 AM »

Hi Gail,

Thinking of you today and I'm wondering how your weekend went.  I am glad that your friend's family is holding up better than you thought. They must be a very close and loving family. I hope YOU are surrounded by loving people who can help you through these difficult days. You have been through so much with so many losses of dear loved ones these days! I know it can be hard to be strong, or even to get out of bed some days! Let us know you you're doing whenever you feel up to posting again.

Thinking of you,

(((((((((((Gail)))))))))))

Love from,

Helene.

Helene & Lesley
Gail08
nospam

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2012, 02:22:40 PM »

Thank you Helene for your thoughts.  Yes, it is so very hard to be strong right now.  Without you and everyone else here at Webhealing I just don't know if I would be able to make it through right now.  My heart is just in so much pain.  My mind keeps going back to the last time I saw my friend.  We laughed and had a nice visit.  When we said goodbye that day we hugged and we told each other it was good to see you.  I would have said so much more if I had known that was the last time I would ever see her alive.  I will share about her and our friendship soon.  I am just not ready yet.  As I have said, she was one of my best friends.

(((((HUGS))))) to you all

Gail

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length