Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 01, 2014, 05:26:46 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  webhealing.com
|-+  Crisis, Grief, and Healing
| |-+  Main
| | |-+  My uncle
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: My uncle  (Read 2895 times)
Gail08
nospam

Where Jolene flew into the wind

View Profile
« on: February 03, 2012, 02:51:54 PM »

I lost my uncle last week.  I miss him so much.  I was at his bedside when he passed away.  I was there the last four days he was alive. I saw him take his last breath and I felt his last heartbeat. He was so very special to me.  I am so grateful that I was able to go visit him last September.  We had a very nice visit and I will always cherish that time with him.  I could tell then that he didn't have much time left.  Please keep my mother in your prayers as this was her brother and her only sibling.  I wish she could have went with me to visit him in September but she couldn't so I went alone.  His house now seems so empty without him.  I still can't believe I will never again get to go to his house and visit with him.  I enjoyed doing that so much.  I loved him so much. 

G                                  Sisters 2 the end
  A                                Friends 2 the end
     I                   _________________________
 J O L E N E              In my heart 4 ever
Terry
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 10:40:48 PM »

(((((Gail)))))

I'm sorry to hear about your Uncle. I'm sure that you 'do' cherish the time you were able to spend with him.

Hugs to you and also to your Mom!

((((((Gail & Mom))))))

Love,
Terry

"The amount of grief one feels is in direct proportion to the amount of love one felt." From C.S. Lewis in his book A Grief Observed.
browneyedgirl
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 09:25:43 AM »

((((((Gail))))))))

I am so very sorry for the loss of your Uncle....

lots of love.

Tony Repola 07/20/66 03/29/09
I know you are fishing in the oceans and streams of heaven
Gail08
nospam

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012, 03:23:04 PM »

Thank you both Terry and browneyedgirl.  It is friends like you who help during these hard times.  It still doesn't seem real that my uncle is gone.  Watching him die was so hard.  I will never forget the last words he said to me before becoming comatose.  He said, "I love you and be careful."

Thanks again to both of you for your support.

Doug1222
nospam

Keep on keeping on.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2012, 10:31:58 PM »

((((((Gail))))))))

I'm so sorry to hear about your uncle, Gail.
Doug
sissy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2012, 12:17:55 AM »

Gail....I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your uncle.  I, too, lost an uncle and two aunts last year....and my sweet mother a year ago, September 28th.....
My mom was one of twelve children...six boys and six girls!  All of the siblings expect for the oldest brother who died about 15 years ago, were alive and for the most part healthy.  It seems as if a spiral of some sort has blown through my loved ones in the past 16 months....I don't even know how to breathe sometimes.  It's so incredibly hard to lose the people that we haved loved and shared our lives with.... but, I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
Always - Sissy 
Gail08
nospam

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2012, 02:37:43 PM »

Thank you Doug1222 and sissy for you kind words.  They are a comfort at this time.  I am so very sorry for the loss you two have had as well.  You both will be in my prayers.  It is a hard time right now but with people like you with words of comfort is what helps the most.

Again thanks and my prayers are with you both.

Gail

helene
nospam

My Dad

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2012, 11:27:36 AM »

Hi Gail,

I am also very sorry to hear about your dear Uncle's passing. He sounds like he was a wonderful man and a very loving part of your life. I will keep both you and your mother in my prayers. I know that you are a tremendous support for your mother. Although no two losses are every alike, I remember losing my Uncle Basil four years ago. I have never written about him here. Suffice to say, like your Uncle, my Uncle Basil was a warm-hearted man who truly knew what love is and how to show it to his family and to me, his middle neice.

Much love to you,

(((((((((Gail))))))))))

Helene.

Helene & Lesley
Gail08
nospam

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2012, 04:31:59 PM »

Helene,
Thank you for your kind words of support.  They mean more than you know right now.  I just miss him so very much.  I am so glad you were able to have a special uncle in your life as well.  If you would like to tell me about him sometime feel free to email me and do so.  I would love to hear about him if you want to talk about him.  I will do the same about my uncle if you would like.

((((HUGS)))) to you.
Gail

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length