Author Topic: Joyce Meyers on Forgiveness and It's been such a long time .....  (Read 10815 times)

ceegee

• View Profile
Joyce Meyers on Forgiveness and It's been such a long time .....
« on: November 23, 2011, 06:52:38 AM »
This week Joyce Meyers is sharing her testimony on national TV and the processes she went through in forgiveness and grieving. What a blessing to hear her story, and to be re-enforced in the truth that God is the key to all our troubles. All the times we are treated cruelly, all the times we lose a loved one, every time something happens that makes us wonder what God could allow such terrible and evil things to happen. Her testimony of faith and prayer, God given determination and strength, and overcoming those terrible life destroying events. How God brought her back and gave her even more than she could ever imagine.

I'm here to tell ya - I have lost more than my share - much that has never been shared here before - not even in the old discussion board. It IS God who brings me to a new life every morning. He gives me seemingly superhuman strength to go on.

I need to thank everyone here and a few special friends who brought me back to God after a long life of Godlessness and walking the wrong path.

I was reading from my captures of the old forum - pre December 2006. What an eye opener to see how many wonderful people were here then and how much wonderful help I received. We were such a family and I hope the forum has grown to be a family again.

Lord knows I went through some terrible times and I thank Tom to this day for giving us a place to share, cry, heal, and grieve together. It was largely through the close friends I made here that I came back to the Lord. He is the answer to our problems, He is our healing, our ever listening ear, and our warm embrace in the midst of nothingness, the Love we are missing, and needing, when we lose a loved one .... Heck, He is our everything!!!

No idea if there are any of the old timers here - I see one or two names that look familiar. My deepest hope is that those friends have found their fulfillment, their forgiveness, their healing, their love - everything they have been missing since their crisis.

I am at the point in life where some of my best friends and relatives are passing. Many too young - long before their time. The knowledge that my time is not God's time has helped me get through these losses. How ironic that people under 50 are dying while my 95 year old Grandma is still going - just like the old Timex commercials.

The hardest loss was a family member who was in 9/11. He went though hell - literally. We all saw that horrific smoke and debris falling to the ground for miles around. He was in the middle of that - running down the street when the second building collapsed. Avoiding body parts and other unspeakable things.

At the time he was a partner in the oldest bond trading firm on Wall Street and in the ten years he debilitated into full blown Alzheimer’s and passed peacefully this past summer.

Being in New York on 9/11 was fear times ten. We thought the country was at war. F18's flew overhead every half hour. Black Black Hawks took military and other high level people to and from Manhattan. Our kids were held at school. Every "boom" or "crash" I heard was certainly a bomb. The thin ice we walked was terrible and began a trickle of people passing from my life. It was five years earlier that TWA Flight 800 that blew up and crashed into the waters just off Long Island. So many things happened in a period of less than ten years that convinced me I was living in Ground Zero for all terrorists.

Enough of that and another thanks to WebHealing for being there when I so needed a family.

CeeGee

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Re: Joyce Meyers on Forgiveness and It's been such a long time .....
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2011, 12:01:33 PM »

(((Ceegee)))

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear you're doing well.

Love,
Terry

laurenE

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2012, 02:40:20 PM »
CeeGee,

Its been along time. Glad you are doing well.  There aren't many of us oldies left anymore. I check in maybe once or twice a year, just to read. Its different here now.  For the most part us oldies have migrated,  moved on, and for me,  have completely healed from the loss of my mother almost 10yrs ago this year.  You were right, it did feel like a close knit family seven, eight, nine yrs ago when a few of us were around on a daily basis.  That was a huge part of my healing. To be able to just write.  Now I can't even find the words to comfort anyone anymore.  I have healed. Thank God.

It feels good to be able to say that.  Healed.  As in *no more tears*  , no more missing her or wishing she was there.  Peace at long last.  It was a long time coming for me. But God got me through, and healed my broken heart.

But I fear the next grief cycle every day.  I am vastly aware of the reality that at any moment I could get a phone call.  Every day could be my last.  Every time I see a friend could be the last time I hug them.  And as we walk away and say 'see ya later!", I know, that theres a good chance that we wont.  

Since you've been gone, I have lost a favorite aunt,  only to find out after the fact,  just by googling little sisters name and finding our name in an obituary.  I didnt even get to say goodbye.  Everyone was there but me. so as you can see, my family is still cruel, but we both knew they always would be.  

Grandpa is still alive and kicking. He is almost 91 now, living in an assited living. He doesn't know me now,  but I know him, and thats all that matters.  I treasure every moment that I can sit by his side,  touch his hand, and hear his voice,  b/c I know all too well, that someday I won't be able to.  

I still have not seen or heard from little sister since after moms funeral. Last I read from my aunts obit that I found ,  she was married again, living in Texas.  More power to her.  I wish her the best.  I have healed from that as well.  Again, thank God.

Met a friend on here from child loss board from Michigan over 2 yrs ago.  Long but facinating story  of how God works. She posted of her loss of a precious 20yr old son and how she donated his liver.  I thanked her for that donation as my bosses husband was just saved from another donar in Indy. We posted on here now and then and as we asked questions,  it turned out that my boss got her son's liver.  God is amazing. Patrick saved many lives that day.  He is our hero.

Life is still wonderful for me.  Work is going well.  It keeps me busy and sometimes drained.  Church is growing, and so are we.   I hope this finds you doing well.  Last I heard you remarried and were living in Minnesota.   But thats been too many yrs to count now.  I hope things continue to go well for you.

Good to see you here.  Like I said, I only come around a couple of times a year to read. But it was good to see an old name here today.

Take Care,
laurenE
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 07:42:18 PM by laurenE »

ceegee

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2012, 06:03:47 AM »
LaurenE,

I am SOOOO glad to hear your blessings. You know that was what I so wanted to see and hear in you. Healing is such a process - God's help and all. He never said it would be easy, did He? You sound so happy and at peace. You deserve it!!!!!

Hopefully you can let go of the fear of more - we need to be prepared for it. As I am at the age where losing friends and relatives is becoming standard, my Gma has my best wisdom. "I see it, I read it, I pray, I thank God that I will be with them soon."(er than I hopefully:)

Our day here has been fulfilled and it's good to give back. However when I do return I tend to backstep so it *is* difficult. Need to be on a real good day.

Likewise - it is just good to see your name. Of all the difficulties, I too have healed for the most part. At least no more tears (someone ought to make a trade name from that phrase .... maybe a shampoo???? LOL)

My Gma is now 98 and asking to be with God every day. Bless her - she can hardly hear or see but plays Cribbage every day and gets downstairs to eat and build a puzzle when she feels good.

Family back east had huge losses last year of three very close relatives (one who was in 9/11 and never was the same after) so my kids are grieving terribly. It's good to be there for them a bit even though they are still distant. We are rebuilding a terribly damaged paternal relationship and love.

Marriage is blessed and work is ok. She and her family are such dep believers, it's always a joy to talk with them even though they are 12 and 15 hours apart from us. It's always tomorrow with them - LOL. Job commensurate with my knowledge and experience is tough for many reasons. They don't want us oldies in the decent paying, experienced jobs. Long story about insurance risk for the dorp and others.

FWIW I thank God every day for the blessings that came from our lengthy sharing and discussions. They were a huge part of my growth and moving on to the straight and narrow, God centered, life I enjoy today. You know it was you who finally convince me to return to the Lord after my 20(some) year walk on the dark side.

At any rate, many blessings to you, your husband, niece, and other loved ones. Joyous glory in your life with the Lord.

As my family taught me, we never ever say goodbye. So in that vein,

It is a blessing to see you again,
CeeGee

laurenE

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2012, 04:26:54 AM »
Glad things are going well for you.

Godspeed
laurenE

Autumn Leaves Mine

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2012, 08:37:23 PM »
I used to be a regular way back in December 2006 and for a couple years after but I kind of drifted, kept forgetting my password or member name. It's been almost six years since my husband died. I do come on a few times to see how people are doing, to make a few comments, but not as much as I should. Sometimes I feel like I've moved on, adapted, but other times I fell like I'm stuck in a rut.
I've had a couple times when I forgot an anniversary or birth date and felt guilty afterwards but then I realie that remembering a date isn't important but remembering a person is.
I realized what would have been our 41st anniversary is next Saturday but remembered that I totally forgot the 40th anniversary last year.
I have regrets, shoulda-woulda-coulda moments but allow myself a moment for those thoughts then put them out of my head because they don't serve any purpose.
Life does go on and life is what we make of it. My life is so much different than I would have ever expected. I am thinking about dating and have been talking to a nice guy (after have "met" some really strange guys on a date site) but it's been decades since I dated so I'm very cautious.
 I realize how many good people I have in my life but am sometimes lonely. I miss having a partner but I don't want to be like a friend of mine who seems to have a new guy living with her every time I go visit her.
My father recently had a heart attack and, while I was concerned about my father and his health, I remembered what I went through when my husband was hospitalized, and made sure to always see about my step-mom's welfare and well-being. My brother-in-law also had a heart attack and I'm being supportive to my sister and her struggles with taking care of him. His doctors say if he makes it to the one-year anniversary of his heart attack, he should be fine so the next eleven months will be stressful for both of them, but especially for my sister (anticipatory death?).
However, life goes on. People move in and out of our lives. It's difficult for me to make friends but I can count on more new people in my life than I can on the old ones who were job friends or husband's friends or couple friends. I still find it amazing at all the people who've faded out of my life because they no longer felt comfortable with one half of a couple. It's sad. It was a struggle but I had to let go of so many friends.

laurenE

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2012, 05:37:20 AM »
CeeGee, 

Praying your family is safe in Long Island.