Author Topic: Signs from our Precious Children  (Read 63817 times)

Fair2partlycloudy

• nospam
    • View Profile
Re: Signs from our Precious Children
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2013, 11:11:57 PM »
I have recurring dreams....I always cry and not cry happily. As I watched the EMC drive off with my hubby being DOA, I whispered in my daughter's ear, "you will be fine"  I held her hand as she took her last breath. I feel guilty!
A Birth Certificate shows that we were born. A Death Certificate shows that we died. Pictures show that we lived. So fill your boots!

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2013, 03:31:31 PM »

(((((Fair2partlycloudy)))))

I'm sorry for your losses and I look forward to reading your story when you are up to sharing.

Welcome to Webhealing.

Love,
Terry

SarahW

• nospam
  • The moment a child is born,the mother is also born
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2013, 06:10:13 PM »

(((((Fair2partlycloudy)))))

I'm sorry for your losses and I look forward to reading your story when you are up to sharing.

Welcome to Webhealing.

Love,
Terry

Ditto.  I lost a husband and a child also, though it was years apart.  I am so sorry to hear of your losses.  Know we are here.
I love thee to the level of every day's Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light. -- Emily Dickinson

You were a gift

SarahW

• nospam
  • The moment a child is born,the mother is also born
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2013, 06:20:53 PM »
Years ago, I lost a very good friend, who was living many miles away from me.  Though she was so far away, she was a very real, daily presence in my life, as we constantly exchanged silly and serious messages throughout most days - and I didn't realize how much it meant to me, how much it helped me through my days, until I suddenly lost her.

Her death was sudden and unexpected, and involved several of us (her family and friends) begging (long distance) her local police to please break down her door and check on her, because no one had been able to get a hold of her for two days (over a weekend), very unlike her.  They finally did it, and found her dead of a heart attack, in her home.

I cried my eyes out that night in bed, cried till my eyes were puffy red slits.  As I lay there, I suddenly felt a sort of peace; like the tension just drained out of me, then I felt this tingling all over my body, like when a chill passes over you, only it was widespread and lasted longer than usual.  Suddenly, I was sure that was my friend, making contact, letting me know all was well.

After Vince died, I've had many similar experiences, sometimes at the oddest moments, anywhere and anytime, but usually when I'm getting anxious and need reassurance.  It makes me smile, and I feel a sudden pang of joy and I just KNOW it is him.

I've never told anyone about it because I feel sure no one would truly understand or believe . . . except you folks.
I love thee to the level of every day's Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light. -- Emily Dickinson

You were a gift

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2013, 01:54:31 PM »

I do understand, Sarah as I, too have had many such moments. And, it's in these moments where my greatest peace is found.

Thank You for sharing this with us and for all of your feelings shared. I love reading your posts! :icon_flower:

Love,
Terry

Stephen1983

• nospam
  • My son, Stephen and me, six months before death
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2013, 07:19:28 PM »
I wish I'd get a sign.  I keep waiting.  Lot's of people have experienced these "feelings" or dreams but I haven't.  I do dream of my son, but he's always little in my dream, or in the background and he doesn't know he's dead.  I appreciate all the support here.
missing you
Lisa

Sally1950

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2014, 09:15:08 AM »
I used to dream about my kids all the time, but after my daughter died the dreams stopped. I pray, I meditate, I stay open and ask her to send me a sign, but nothing. 7 years after her death I started dreaming about my other child again, so I hope maybe I will dream about my daughter soon. I have no grave to visit. her husband had her cremated and kept the ashes, so sometimes I go to a cancer awareness garden in a local park and talk to her there. she used to call me everyday, no matter where she lived. just a short call usually. I miss that communication.

LisaH

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2014, 07:26:48 AM »
Hi, I'm new to this group. I had many signs from James, my 10 year old who died of Adrenal Cancer 3/23/13 the first year. They are so precious to me. I very rarely remember my dreams - but have had two with James in them since he died. The most beautiful was on Christmas morning, our first Christmas without him (last year). I woke with this overwhelming all pervading feeling of absolute peace and unconditional love. I felt that he was with me and I just had this strong, indisputable feeling that he is safe, he is with us, he is with eternal God and light and all will be okay. That was a miracle to me. Thank you.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 07:36:42 AM by LisaH »

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2014, 11:43:54 AM »

Hi Lisa - I'm so sorry your precious son, James died. We have a lot of new Moms on the board but they are not posting. We all grieve differently. I lost three children and the most recent was my son of 29 years almost 12 years ago. When my first two children died there was no internet but I did belong to a group that was provided by Children's Hospital which was helpful at the time.
When my oldest and only surviving child died and I woke up one morning around 3AM feeling so lost and alone - that's when I decided to sign into the internet and search grief. Well, this site came up and it's been a life line ever since.

We're here for you when you want to share about James.

Love,
Terry

Zoësmamma222

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2014, 10:33:24 PM »
In the week of Zoë's passing her brother received some messages from her one was a single photo of her floating on his Xbox screen when he came into his room and another was a hug from her in the middle of the night.  She let her Dad know she was near by continuously tumbling the clothes in the dryer once the dryer had already shut off.  For me it was a stop watch that remained on all zeros but continued to make a beeping sound, I couldn't turn it off no matter how I messed with the buttons, it would just come on and off as it wanted for about 3 days and now nothing...I carry it with me still, just in case.  Another sign was in a dream I had; I felt an energy pull my leg and I woke up as I screamed, yet I had a smile on my face and the feeling surrounding me was nothing but love and her, definitely her.  This was all in the week before her funeral and the week after, since nothing noticeable.

Riss24

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2014, 07:13:41 AM »
Michelle,
I'm so glad to see that you've posted on this topic, the last time I checked no one had written for a long time so that kept me from sharing any of the signs I've been blessed to get from my Sadie..so I'll share soon as well! For now I just wanted to say that I think the signs you've gotten from your Zoe are just beautiful<3  After your first writing here I got online and read of the tragic shooting and about your daughter...I'm embarrassed to admit I hadn't even heard of this but that's because since my daughter died I have not turned on the news nor hardly had the tv/radio on at all. And I live not terribly far from you, I'm in North Idaho, just a couple hours from Spokane and in fact for a short time lived in Mountlake Terrace. Anyhow...she for sure was letting you know she's near and I have no doubts that she still is right beside you. She was probably that voice in your head telling you to reach out to others for support and that's what brought you here! For me, the signs I've gotten from Sadie have brought me comfort and a smile but at the same time it makes me sad because as blessed as the signs are, it's just not the same, just not as good as having her truly HERE. Right? Again, I'm so sorry. There could not possibly be a worse pain, I know... 

Zoësmamma222

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2014, 10:04:26 AM »
Riss,
Exactly the signs help but are definitely not the same.  I also find myself searching for any type of sign throughout the day even when I have a perfectly good explanation for what happened I still try to find a way to connect it to her.  An example being a store bought water bottle in my car that I refuse to move from the spot it is in, it will make cracking and popping sounds as I'm driving, in my head I say it's her letting me know she's riding along with me but I've come to realize it's the air pressure in the car from having the heat on.... I don't care though, it's still comforting to me to believe that it's her, and maybe it is? The cracking and popping usually starts when I'm crying or listening to a song she liked so...??

Sandra

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2015, 09:31:51 PM »
I went on a walk around a dam where I'm from a long my walk back I saw this perfect set of brown owl wings it was like the body just vanished there was no sign of a struggle no signs of blood just the wings of an owl. As I stood and studied the area my son came to my mind and I said ok Dom I love you.  I felt that was a sign from my son that I'm on the right path of healing and that he is ok.

sheilab

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2018, 07:44:29 AM »
I just lost my son June 14th and the pain is so deep.  I try to understand it but I just can't.