Author Topic: Wishing You Peace  (Read 5799 times)

Ramona

• nospam
    • View Profile
Wishing You Peace
« on: December 24, 2006, 05:26:15 AM »
Time does go on, with or without us.  Things change, even when change is so hard for those of us hurting deep inside.  I see the board has changed.  I never learned how to post a picture.  Just knew putting down the words I felt in my heart, help me to see more clearly my new path.  At least the path in front of me, the future?  Still is so unclear.

I lost my sweet son Tim August 29, 1993, my only child God let me have far too briefly on this earth.  Two babies in heaven and then my Tim left.  Broken and confused was I.  Determined to still live, because they never had a chance.  And yet hard to do when the American way of living, is the perfect family syndrome.  You have to be perfect, have it all.  I even moved to the mid-west where they don't like change, live only for their families.  And here is my husband and I, alone in life, lost our only child.  Trying to step back into a life but so lost, oh so lost. 

My husband went to work today, will be gone until later in the evening.  So it is me alone again all day long.  My neighbors invited me over for their family Christmas Eve dinner.   Insisted I come and wouldn't take no for an answer.  When inside, it will be hard for me to walk over there and be alone with all of them.  I have never met any of their family.  She said 24 people will be there.

So I am going to go.  I made a commitment to myself this past year to try no matter what it is to try to do things differently.  So this is one of my new step.  Took many new ones this past year, too many to count.   And I found out I could do more than I thought.  But also I found out there are many things I won't do anymore.  I took a job, a career job where the boss sucked me into his world.  Yes I could do the work but my heart was telling me NO!  It took me a couple of months to get it through to my new boss, he needed to hire a new person.  I would stay on to help with the transition.  They have kept a spot for me working part-time.  Which is just what I need for now to again sort through my options.  I could have just quit and walked away but this time around I am not taking any more backwards steps in life.

The only thing I have really learned in my grief.  Is that I have to do what feel right inside.  At first with all the grief it is hard to understand what is right when everything hurts so much.  I still get the two places mixed up.  Have to take a step back and look at what is happening to better understand is is about life in general or about my loss.  And I understand now a pain will always live inside me.  The pain level changes with time.  And it is not triggered at every turn like those first five years. 

I miss my Tim so very much.  His smile and laughter still colors my world.  I see him everywhere I go.   We are almost turning into ONE person.  Who he was does live on in me and his husband.  He loved Christmas.  He loved life in general.  So I try to continue on in the same spirit.  He was one truly remarkable person.  I was truly blessed to have been his mother on this earth. 

I do it all for you my sweet Tim.  Each and every new step I now take is with you in mind.  Your faith and courage and strength is how I now cope.  Wishing everyone a peaceful Christmas.  May the love of our children surround our hearts as they always do.  May we clearly see it this holiday season.

Love to all,
Ramona Tim's Mom

Dottie (Tammie's Mom)

• Tammie (My Precious Daughter) 8-9-65/9-14-05
    • View Profile
    • Project Tammie
Re: Wishing You Peace
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2006, 06:52:07 AM »
Dear Ramona,

I want to Thank you for sharing your thoughts and feelings. It seemed to help me for a moment anyaway. I too lost my only child so I truly understand that ALL ALONE feeling and it is si very difficult.

MOst days I struggle to breathe. I send you peace and a HUG for sharing and helping me not feel so alone in this dark tunnel I now live in.

Dottie Tammie's Mom

LaVonne

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2006, 07:56:40 AM »
Ramona

I have missed you and your dear sweet Tim. Every step is hard but i have been like you in my own world that sometimes stepping out is so hard. I cannot handle crowds well and i still panic in stores after so long. Will continue to hold you and Tim close to my heart and hope the holidays go well for you. Sending many cyber hugs and lots of love to you and hubby this holiday season.

leslie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2006, 10:06:33 AM »
Ramona, it is so nice to hear from you. I think of you & Tim very often. This is our 7th Christmas without Jarek. In some ways it is easier, in others more difficult. I have come to hate "perfect family symdrome". Yes, I think that the pain will always reside in us. There will always be that layer in our lives of saddness. But, somehow, we do go on. Sending you, Curtis & precious Tim wishes of peace & love...

Love,

Leslie, Jareks Mom

faye

• nospam
  • Larry Brickman
    • View Profile
    • Larry & Nana
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2006, 01:48:27 PM »
Ramona,

Thank you for sharing your thought.  I will keep you and Tim in my thoughts and prayers.

Jeanneb

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2006, 02:09:30 PM »
Ramona,

It is so good to see you post.  You words have lifted me today.  Thank you for sharing your feelings.  I get down on myself when I slide backwards.  I understand what you are saying about listening to our hearts and our gut and flowing it.  This is our 4th xmas without Philip.  The pain does change but at times can be so overwhelming still.

I hope the evening wraps you with some new found friends.

Jeanne

CRCmom

• nospam
  • My precious child.
    • View Profile
    • Christian's Memorial Website
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2006, 07:20:44 PM »
I have mmissed your posts as well Ramona.  I  am glad to see you back.  So many feelings especially around this time of year.  I carry Christian's picture with me in my "camisole" so he is always with me wherever I go   I khow he is anyway and I don't need the picture, but it just makes me feel better.  Just finished dooing stockings with my sister and of course we did one for al of our kids, including Christian.  It wouldn't be complete without him.  He continues to be a huge part of our lives and he is so missed.  I think it ius easuier to admit the pain and missing rather than hiding it.

Merry Christmas to everyone.  You will all be in my thoughts tomorrow and I will probably visit the board often.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y184/PRKiernan/cris2.jpg
LOVE AND GRACE ON THE JOURNEY,
PAULA

Dena

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2006, 08:01:09 PM »
(((Ramona)))) - Thinking of you & Tim.  This is our 7th Christmas without Josh.  Each year brings it's own bittersweetness - some moments are much harder than others.

All we can do is hold on tight to love & hope.

Love,
Dena, Josh's Mom

Debh

• Forever Loved, Forever Missed, Never Forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2006, 11:55:23 PM »
Romona thinking of you and Tim. Time does go on, can't believe the 11th year without Christmas with Chad. Sometimes the amount of time seems impossible to believe, tonight is one of those times.

"I miss my Tim so very much.  His smile and laughter still colors my world.  I see him everywhere I go.   We are almost turning into ONE person.'"  One... never thought of this that we turn into one person, it feels like that though now that I think about it and thank goodness our boys are everywhere we go for us today, wishing it was different again and it isn't, just feeling grateful as you sound in your words that their smiles and laughter remain today.

Wishing you peace Romona,

Love
Deb

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2006, 07:18:59 AM »

Beautiful words, Ramona! Nothing wise to add to your heart felt sentiments.

Stopped by to read today and see some familiar names and children who will always be in my heart.

This Christmas has been the most difficult for me; for our entire family.
I hope that you all find some Peace, feel some Peace today and throughout the rest of this season. As difficult as it will be, some moreso than others.
What this life does to us, having to live without our children. It is just so painful.

I've been reading Kahlil Gibran. Wonderful author. One quote that stands out more than most others for me:

"Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding."
--Kahlil Gibran

Sending you all My Love and Understanding...Terry  :(