Author Topic: Back again  (Read 3825 times)

Lost

• nospam
    • View Profile
Back again
« on: March 30, 2011, 10:53:39 AM »
 :tearyeyed:
    Wish I could come here and find no bad news but then again that's why were here. It will be 4 yrs. next month since I lost my wife to lung cancer, guess it really doesn't matter what kind of cancer it is the end result is the same. (nasty life robbing illness) During my first yr. of loss it seemed like 10 yrs. and now when I look back it has went so fast. The world still turns, bills must be paid, special occasions still happen.
    Haven't quite learned how to move on, don't know that I really want to, the more I'm alone the more I want to be alone. Can think of my wife now and remember the happy healthy person I knew. For thoes of you who wonder, it does get better, it's a slow process, may never be the same but life will become normal again. I think of her now and am thankful for having the opertunity of knowing her. Still get teary once in a while guess I always will.

Lost

• nospam
    • View Profile
Re: Back again
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 11:04:23 AM »
I see now that I posted this on the wrong board sorry.

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 12:33:07 PM »
Dear Lost ~

First let me say that I am very sorry for the loss of your wife. 

It looks like your heart may be mending, I know you will never fully mend, but progress is being made, right?

Second, it's no problem that you posted on the Main Board.  I can move your thread if you like, or it can stay right here.

Sending love and light.
Tony Repola 07/20/66 – 03/29/09
I know you are fishing in the oceans and streams of heaven

Lost

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2011, 02:42:47 PM »
yes, if you will put it on the right board for me. Thanks. And yes I am mending though I know things will never be the same I seem to be finding a new normal.

Sad and Lonely

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2011, 04:38:15 PM »
Hi back again,

Sad and lonely here.

I am sorry for your loss and I know exactly how you feel as I just lost my wife to cancer after being in remission three times. You are right it doesn't matter what kind of cancer you have it is a horrible disease and I wish they could find a cure for it, because no one should have to suffer with that disease. I, like you, am spending a lot of time alone, I just find it hard to be arround people, sure I go for coffee now and then with my friends from our car club but when I go out to family functions I feel out of place and find it hard to cope and not break down in front of them, so that is why I spend so much time alone. I miss my wife so much but I seem to get comfort from looking at her pictuers and listening to some of her home made tapes while she was practicing her singing. I don't want to get over her, all I want is for the pain and grief to subside so I can visit with our family and play with my grand children again.

I hope things get better for you soon.

Sad and Lonely
Sad and lonely