Author Topic: After 30 years and still lost  (Read 1502 times)

zxcv

• View Profile
After 30 years and still lost
« on: May 18, 2011, 10:22:05 AM »

Re: after 30 years
Reply #45 on: Today at 11:13:14 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can anyone please help with a question:   It was a year ago April 16th that my husband passed away and  Today is my husbands birthday and I am especially sensitive today.  My job, I am a caregiver of an elderly person, who was yesterday put into the care of hospice.  I have and worked threw issues regarding hospice without getting into them.  The husband of my client is a very negative person, but I have grown to love him and his wife.  He has no family close to him or friends that he relies on for any help.  I am still working threw my own grief and issues but have been doing fairly well attempting to move on.  A month ago I lost my home and am now living with my son and grand daughter, Just lost 2 friends of mine within the last 2 months.  Now I have this in front of me.  My wounds just keep on getting open.  My question is:  do I continue to do my best knowing my issues and seeing his pain already with hospice and the death of his wife approching quickly or should I talk to my office regarding my feelings and back away from the client and husband I have grown to love.  Thank you anyone that may have some input regarding a situation like mine.  God Bless

Trisho

• View Profile
Re: After 30 years and still lost
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 10:04:24 PM »
I read your post and I am so sorry for your multiple losses.  Not that they aren't all huge but I am sure that the death of your husband has struck your core. 

I suppose I would tell you to stay put and keep taking care of them.  If you have grown to love them it will hurt once again when his wife dies.  Since he has no one, now is not the time to leave him by himself especially if he has no one else.  It might even help you a bit in your grieving process to help him.  I think if you talked to your boss to get away your pain would be greater.  That is just my observation and opinion.  I hope it helps you.  I will pray for you that you find strength.  I know how difficult it is.    Big Hugs.