Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 30, 2014, 10:10:55 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  webhealing.com
|-+  Crisis, Grief, and Healing
| |-+  Child Loss
| | |-+  Hey Paula
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Hey Paula  (Read 103 times)
Terry
Global Moderator

View Profile
« on: August 15, 2014, 10:59:48 AM »

Hi Paula,

Was just wondering how you've been doing. I've missed your updates on how everything is going in your family. Such a nice family, too! icon_flower

Is Kate due to get out soon?

Hope all is going well for you and Craig.

Love,
Terry

"The amount of grief one feels is in direct proportion to the amount of love one felt." From C.S. Lewis in his book A Grief Observed.
Adams Brokenhearted Mama
nospam

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 07:45:13 AM »

Hi Terry,
Thanks for checking in. It's been an enormous emotional roller coaster ride with us as of late and as of this morning it is very scary. I cannot emotionally get into it now as I am feeling quite numb over a turn of events that are not positive.
I really am at a loss for words at the moment and know from experience that time has a way of putting things into a better perspective.
XO Paula

XO Love to all my sisters & brothers-in-grief XO
Wishing you all peaceful moments, signs from your Angels & many blessings
Terry
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 07:14:39 PM »

Paula,

I'm sorry that things are not going well for you right now. I was hoping for a *stay* from all of the uncertainty, all of the pain.

Know that I care and I love you.

Love,
Terry

"The amount of grief one feels is in direct proportion to the amount of love one felt." From C.S. Lewis in his book A Grief Observed.
Adams Brokenhearted Mama
nospam

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Today at 09:48:02 AM »

Life was going pretty on a pretty stable place for me for several months, despite the fact that Kate was incarcerated and Craig had serious health issues that had and still has him out of work. I was emotionally in a stable place. STABLE - that was quite a good place to be in. However, I had neurological side affects from one of my medications that prompted a quick discontinuation of it as it could have remained. That started the slow emotional downward spiral. All of the Kate & Craig issues were not easily handled anymore. New medications are in place however just not as effective as the others were. Working hard with the doc to get a good balance again.
I had a good spring as I graduated with my BSN, a dream that I always wanted to achieve as I nursed only with my Associated Degree for my career. A beautiful granddaughter entered our lives and they moved (still far away) however, closer to us than they were before. We took a lovely family trip with lots of extended family. Then July 30th began the heartache. Craig's nephew was killed in a skydiving accident-only 25 years old. Knowing that his young life was cut short, knowing all too well the horrors of grief that his sister and her family were going to experience and of course this brought up all our anguish and grief over Adam to the forefront. Kate came home and it has been a terribly difficult readjustment with many setbacks along the way. It is not at all the way we had hoped or envisioned it to be. Just this past Monday night a young man who was like family to us died. He was my eldest son's childhood best friend and we were very close with him and his family. Going to those services and trying to help his family as they turned to us knowing that only we know what they are going through was heartwrenching. Tomorrow we have yet another funeral to attend, this time for the father of a friend. This father led a very long life and was very much adored and yet to say goodbye to someone, even one with the gift of a lengthly life, is never an easy task to do.
I'm so sad I just could cry over the enormity of all that has occurred without the ability to change one iota of all that has gone on. From pas experience I know that time has a way of easing even the worst of sorrows and acceptance is a part of going on so I have to let it go and live moment to moment in the hopes that time will indeed soften the raw edges.
I knew of  no other place to turn to in my sadness except you, the loving board of grief, who sadly understands with true compassion.
XO Paula

XO Love to all my sisters & brothers-in-grief XO
Wishing you all peaceful moments, signs from your Angels & many blessings
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length