Author Topic: Introductions  (Read 28158 times)

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Re: Introductions
« Reply #90 on: November 21, 2017, 09:20:40 AM »
Hello. I lost my mom about 3 weeks ago.  The grief has finally started to settle in.   My mom was in the hospital for 3 months.  Seemed like every time I turned around something was going wrong.  She passed  on Oct 27th 2017.  I am devastated.  My heart breaks for my dad.  It saddens me to think how he must feel.   I would like some ideas how to make it past the holidays and the next few months…

Hi Chase,

I'm so sorry to read of the death of your precious Mom. Welcome to our Webhealing Family.

http://webhealing.com/forums/index.php?topic=7174.msg51384#msg51384 This is a link to the Holiday posts - "The first Christmas after a death" by Susan Dunn is an excellent read and have helped many find ways to cope at this difficult time of year.
It's just you and your Dad entering the holiday season?

Do what is comfortable for you, Chase and for your Dad. Others do not walk in your shoes, they do not feel your pain. We understand here. Post as often as you are comfortable....someone is always reading and reaching out a hand.

We're here for you.

Hugs,
Terry

Lacemaker

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 24, 2017, 06:37:47 PM »
Hi Chase, Sorry to hear about your mom. Not sure I have any ideas to help with the holidays as I'm in your same boat so to speak. I lost my mom in April and this is the first holidays without her and is proving to be very difficult. The one thing I've learned is to do what is comfortable to you. and there is no right or wrong to grieving and no time schedule. As we all grieve differently. But this group is here for each other if nothing else to listen when you need to vent.

Lov3linds

• Never-ending Grief
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 05, 2017, 02:17:32 AM »
My name is Lindsay.
My father committed suicide almost 20 years ago. I was 11.
I'm still struggling.
We don't have any support groups where I live so I am here.

BrettJudd

• View Profile
    • Pathway Through Grief
« Reply #93 on: December 13, 2017, 02:48:19 PM »
My name is Lindsay.
I'm still struggling.

I am glad that you found this forum and hope that it might help you.

The early and tragic loss of a parent can be difficult to manage, especially without supports and good help.
One thing I always coach clients to do is to is eliminate any thoughts of "I should be better, over it, etc", or "this is taking too long". 

Grief and loss are a lifelong companion we learn to manage and embrace.

Best of success and support.
"There is no right or wrong way to grieve as long as you are grieving. Sometimes the best thing we can do to mourn with those that mourn is to just sit with them and be there." Brett M Judd MSW ~ Creator of Pathway Through Grief

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 17, 2017, 07:43:17 PM »
My name is Lindsay.
I'm still struggling.

((((Lindsay)))),

11 is so young to bury a parent. We are left with so many questions that we may never get the answers to. Tell us about your Dad. How have you been doing with the holidays here?

Big hugs,
Terry