Author Topic: Introductions  (Read 81450 times)

phebzparis

• View Profile
Re: Introductions
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2011, 05:16:11 AM »
hii my names phoebe am 17 years of age and i lost my mum in 2007 and i lost my dad to suicide 2009 since this i have felt like im a lost soul i feel i have nothing or nobody all i wish for is for them to still be here but i no that it isnt going to happen i dont have many freinds i have also pushd family away i have tryd to take my own life quite a few times i just would really like to no how to move on from all of this without feelin depresed all the time.

claire31

• View Profile
Hi i am claire
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2011, 08:15:54 AM »
Hi my name is claire, i am new to the group, i have just spent over an hour writing about the loss of my father and it wouldnt post, or it said i need to register arrrgh, i'm guttered, lets hope i have better luck with this post.

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2011, 09:07:33 AM »
Welcome Phoebe ~

I am so very sorry for the loss of your Mom and Dad. 

Welcome Claire ~

I am so very sorry for the loss of your father.

There are many people here who are supportive, and will offer a kind, encouraging word when needed.  Please feel free to start a new thread telling us more, if you wish, or just how you're feeling......

One day at a time.....sending love and light to both of you.
Tony Repola 07/20/66 – 03/29/09
I know you are fishing in the oceans and streams of heaven

ashleyryan

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2011, 11:46:30 PM »
Hello,

My name is Ashley and im new to this site. And to everyone who has lost someone they love, i am truly sorry for your loss. I  lost my mother about two years ago from lung disease.  She was my best friend and since her death my life has felt meaningless.  My friends and fiance try to understand but they have never dealt with loss of a parent.  She was my only parent and i dont have a big family so it was always her and I.  My brother and sister are older and werent very close with her like i was so I am grieving differently then them.  They are moving on quite well but i cant seem to.  I am not alone in life but without her i feel utterly alone. i relive the last moments always feeling guilty thinking i could have done more for her.  The sadness is overwhelming. Sometimes i feel like i will never regain a sense of happiness again. i just want to feel better....

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2011, 12:21:25 PM »
Hello Ashley ~

Welcome to Webhealing......I am sorry you have to be here with us.  I am so very sorry for the loss of your mother.  I lost my brother about 2 year ago.....2 years is not a long time.  Be patient with yourself, and I do hope that you find some peace.

Feel free to start a new thread if you like telling us more about your mom and/or feelings.  There is always someone to listen.

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2011, 07:00:31 PM »
Hi Claire,

I'm sorry for the loss of your precious Father and I'm glad you found us here. Welcome!

Try the post again, when you feel up to it. It helps to write everything down and to know someone is listening and understands.

Take care of 'you' right now and know we care here, very much!

((((((((((((((((((Claire))))))))))))))))

My Love,
Terry

rraven0530

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2011, 08:01:25 AM »
Dear Ashley,

I'm so sorry for your loss, I just lost my dad a couple of months ago and although I can't say I know how you feel, I can say I know the pain of loss.  I live in New Mexico while the rest of my family live in Boston, MA so I to feel very alone in my grief sometimes.  Talking on the phone just seems to upset my sister who lives with my mom, I'm envious sometimes that they have each other and was thankful to find this site. 

I lost my dad suddently we didn't even know he was ill although thats just the kind of man he was.  I didn't get to say goodbye and feel the loss daily.

Offering you peace and friendship if you ever need to talk.

Jennifer

IMUM

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2011, 12:44:22 AM »
hi my name is melody and i lost my mom to breast cancer on sept 07/2008.  i am also an only child.although i functioned and maintained a wonderful happy life for 3 years, my grief unexpectedly hit me in sept 2011.. i had no clue what was wrong with me, i had very bad anxiety and depression. when a friend of mine suggested it may be grief i started confronting my feelings of my major loss. i am the kind of person who doesnt like to show my vulnerability and was under the impression for 3 years that my mom would want me to be strong for my family.  i have 3 daughters and a wonderful husband. my grief has been the hardest thing i have ever ever had to deal with that it still scares me. somedays  i wonder if i will ever be me again. without worry or fear. its only been months since i have started mourning, and it has gotten a hell of a lot better since september when i literally thought i was gonna lose my mind( because it wouldnt slow down) there are days i still feel scared and lonely but they are few. im more in an accepting stage right now, but i go all over the place from agitated to anxious to happy to sad. it has been quite the awakening experience. i have seen emotions i have never used much before. im confident i will be well as long as i let myself cry and honor my feelings, because that too is a learning curve for me. thanks everyone for sharing your stories, i do see that there is a lot of what i feel in alll of you.

Doug1222

• nospam
  • Keep on keeping on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2012, 07:12:28 PM »
although i functioned and maintained a wonderful happy life for 3 years, my grief unexpectedly hit me in sept 2011.. i had no clue what was wrong with me

Hi, Melody. I'm Doug, and I also had a delayed grieving. Mine is for my brother in '95 and my dad in '00.

I felt a lot of what you felt, and I couldn't figure out why, either. I thought it was a mid-life crisis. I'm just now understanding the huge impact it had that I never realized. I'm really just getting started, but it feels like this is the right road.

I hope you find peace. 

FROG

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2012, 08:52:37 PM »
I am new to blogs and forums.  I read about this on the funeral home website. 
I am not sure what to say for an introduction. 
It has been an emotional year for my family.  My husband's father died in February. 
Our daughter had a baby in March.  That is wonderful but our daughter and her family live 3000 miles away.
My mom died on Maundy Thursday.   :tearyeyed:

violetlight

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2012, 08:29:09 PM »
Hello, I am violetlight, but call me Violet if you want. It's not my real name but you know the deal...

I lost my mom, at the time I post this, just two months ago. She died suddenly in a car accident. I am only 23 and had been living with her and my dad until I could start my career and get on my feet, but she died before I could finish my schooling. I'm still early in the grieving process, and I am glad to have found a place where I can meet others who are experiencing what I am experiencing, makes me feel less alone.

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2012, 09:36:28 PM »
Hi Violet,

I am sorry to learn of the death of your precious Mom. So tragic and I know you're heartbroken. Please know we're here for you. My Mom died when I, too was very young as you are now. That was in '77 and I still miss her very much. My Dad just recently died in December, about 5 months ago.

Tell us more about your Mom when you're comfortable doing so. There's always someone here to listen and everyone is very supportive and caring on all of the boards.

Welcome to our online family. I hope you will find the same love and support that I have over the years.

((((((((Violet)))))))

Love & Hugs,
Terry

Ranger32080

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2012, 02:29:07 AM »
Hello everyone, my name is Adam. 

I lost my mother on November 23, 2011 due to Diabetes/Kidney Disease.  She had been on dialysis, but when she came home from her treatment on the 18th, we knew it wouldn't be much longer because of how much the treatment drained the life out of her.  She had already lost the ability to talk maybe the week before and it was like her eyes were open, but nobody was home.  Then finally at 1:45 am on Nov.23, my dad and sister woke me up and told me it was time.  As we stood there with the hospice nurse, we watched her take her final breath and then she was gone.  I think at that time, I was more relieved knowing that she wasn't in pain and suffering anymore.  As the months went by, I was fine, but then my father announced that he had met someone and was going to Indianapolis to help her sell her house and most of her stuff and then move her down here.  At first, it didn't really sink in until she actually got here.  Then I was like....it hasn't even been a year yet, how can he do this?  I have tried to adapt so far.....but earlier this week.... It hit me hard.  I guess I have finally started the actual grieving process......I cried and cried for 3 days straight because I had missed mom so much.  I went to her grave and talked to her a little the other day.  It seemed to help a little, but I still find myself crying here and there.  I wish she can come back at least once so I can hear her voice and have her tell me that everything is going to be okay. 

Sorry if I rambled on too much, but I just couldn't stop typing

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2012, 08:44:19 AM »

Welcome, Adam! I'm so sorry you lost your precious Momma.

I have tried to adapt so far.....but earlier this week.... It hit me hard.  I guess I have finally started the actual grieving process......I cried and cried for 3 days straight because I had missed mom so much.  I went to her grave and talked to her a little the other day.  It seemed to help a little, but I still find myself crying here and there.  I wish she can come back at least once so I can hear her voice and have her tell me that everything is going to be okay. 

We love so deeply and for so long, so there is no time limit on how we grieve. Losing a parent is devastating and I'm glad to hear that you're able to work through your grief with your tears and the ritual of visiting her and talking with her. That's very important.

There's no such thing as rambling on here, as the longer your posts are, the more of your feelings your getting out! I would love to hear more about your Momma when you're comfortable sharing!

Sending hugs, love and understanding,
Terry

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2012, 11:29:30 AM »
Hello everyone, my name is Adam.  

I lost my mother on November 23, 2011 due to Diabetes/Kidney Disease.  She had been on dialysis, but when she came home from her treatment on the 18th, we knew it wouldn't be much longer because of how much the treatment drained the life out of her.  She had already lost the ability to talk maybe the week before and it was like her eyes were open, but nobody was home.  Then finally at 1:45 am on Nov.23, my dad and sister woke me up and told me it was time.  As we stood there with the hospice nurse, we watched her take her final breath and then she was gone.  I think at that time, I was more relieved knowing that she wasn't in pain and suffering anymore.  As the months went by, I was fine, but then my father announced that he had met someone and was going to Indianapolis to help her sell her house and most of her stuff and then move her down here.  At first, it didn't really sink in until she actually got here.  Then I was like....it hasn't even been a year yet, how can he do this?  I have tried to adapt so far.....but earlier this week.... It hit me hard.  I guess I have finally started the actual grieving process......I cried and cried for 3 days straight because I had missed mom so much.  I went to her grave and talked to her a little the other day.  It seemed to help a little, but I still find myself crying here and there.  I wish she can come back at least once so I can hear her voice and have her tell me that everything is going to be okay.  

Weclome Adam