Author Topic: Introductions thread  (Read 43145 times)

JustMark

• View Profile
Re: Introductions thread
« Reply #135 on: April 16, 2017, 11:37:39 PM »
Terry, we don't loose them, we take time to reflect and remember the love and positive impact they had on our lives so we in turn can pass it on and share it with our kids and others down the road. By doing so it helps insure what we learned from them isn't gone forever but actually grows and continues impacting others. I do not know of any better way to honor or commemorate them.

In my daughter Dawn I see my mother and my grandmother and Dawn never met my grandmother. Every now and then I catch my mom calling Bob and that was my dad.
Speaking of my dad as at times I still deal with him moving on in 2001. Maybe I'll start a thread or two about him. His Angel date is and August 29th 2001 two days before his birth date August 31st 1926. We buried him on his 75 birthday. I learned a lot from him. He was raised in the depression and fought in 3 wars, WW2, Korea and Vietnam.  One thing that is so special about me and my dad, unlike my mom and 2 brothers there are things my dad only shared with me and things I only shared with him. You see for people like me and him there are things vets would only share with other vets because they understand. So me and my dad were very very close perhaps that's why I still deal with his death at times even to this day. Right now I'm in uncharted territory as my mom is still alive but I am the first of the sons to loose a wife and Gina was able to help me with my dad because she also lost hers.

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Re: Introductions thread
« Reply #136 on: April 18, 2017, 02:11:39 PM »
Mark,
I posted your Dad's dates. Thanks for sharing them.
:icon_flower:
"I'm thankful I have my writing to turn to.  And reading and my pets.  It is at times like these, I remind myself to think of gratitude and things I am thankful for." -Wally (Wally49er/Spouse Loss)