Author Topic: Introductions thread  (Read 48363 times)

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Re: Introductions thread
« Reply #150 on: October 20, 2017, 06:55:16 AM »
((((Randi))))

I'm so sorry for your great loss. Welcome to our Webhealing family.

Tell us about your love.

We're here for you.

Hugs,
Terry
"One thing I've learned on this journey (it's been a year and a few days since my husband, Tom, died of cancer), is that in the beginning, there is a lot of the one-step-forward-two-steps-back shuffle." - RobinBlue - Spouse Loss

JustMark

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 20, 2017, 10:57:55 AM »
Randij you have my sincere condolences about your boyfriend. You may find this group helpful. I know I have with loosing my wife in March. You are also not the only one that comes here thinking they aren't good at expressing their feelings. I was too but I did learn to open up and coming her quite helpful. Everyone that comes here either is going through or has been through dealing with the grief of loosing a loved one. Some of us more then one. We are quite familiar with most of the classic issue and all sorts of problems that that we encounter in dealing with our losses. We each share our insights or experiences of what works and sometimes our setbacks to help develop and learn skills to help us deal with a new life with loss because loosing a loved one is very much a life changing event for us. I'm not sure how new to you, your loss is but I know for me the first thing I had to relearn to do was make sure I took care of myself like getting motivated to cook for myself with me being the only one at home now. There is nothing wrong with my cooking and I made most of the meals while my wife Gina was alive but I still struggle with motivation to do it for myself. I'm a disabled vet and I have also restarted rehabbing my home. I had started in 2014 and continued to work on it up til Gina couldn't take care of herself in April of 2015. She already had disabilities and was doing ok but in April of 2015 she had knee replacement surgery and loss the use of her right arm. So I put the house on hold and took care of her. One problem I am encountering now is back in 2014 Gina picked a whole lot of things that I bought to install during the rehabbing and just now putting in like bathroom fixtures, shower units, ceiling fans and lamps the whole 9 yards. She even bought us new desks to use in what will become the new offices I will soon finish in the basement but Gina isn't here to see when things get finished. Plus we had planned on reopening our charity after Gina regained the use of her arm, to help disabled people with with a few new toys that cost around $15,000 for mechanical, electrical, software engineering and other items for small scale manufacturing on top of what I had already from an engineering company I closed before I met Gina, here in our home. That is what we planned on doing so that is what I will be doing when the house is finished. Because I'll reopen the company in honor of Gina.  So I guess you could say I also learned if I keep myself busy I don't dwell too much and stay out of trouble.

mare0202

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 12, 2017, 09:51:26 AM »
Hi All,

My name is Mary Rose, and I lost my husband of 33 years 3 weeks ago today, after a long battle with cancer.  To complicate matters, I lost my Mom on 5/22/17, and my Aunt Shorti (my second Mom), on 10/17/17, five days before my husband.  To say my family is reeling from all this loss would be an understatement.  I realize grieving great love and loss is a process, but OMG it hurts, hurts, hurts too bad

Looking forward to getting to know you all,
Mary Rose