Author Topic: Loosing my job and my co worker family  (Read 13359 times)

laurenE

• nospam
    • View Profile
Loosing my job and my co worker family
« on: March 31, 2010, 05:16:34 AM »
After 10 yrs I am loosing my job, the job that I love,  due to  major lay offs.  The people that I work with are my family.    For once I had a "family" that was all mine.  Not my husbands family, which I get so sick of our lives focusing around.  Not "our friends"  but all mine.   (I am estranged from my biological family thanks to a perverted uncle who convinced everyone that he was inocent and I was the liar).  So these people were mine.  And I will miss them terribly.   Yes we will keep in touch but the daily contact wont be the same.

I dont know what the future holds.   My self esteem and my dreams for us are affected by my lack of contributing to the household.  I feel worthless. 

I have 6 more weeks of working there ,  til the end of the school year.  It will be a difficult 6 weeks.  Bittersweet.

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
Re: Loosing my job and my co worker family
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 11:31:31 AM »
Lauren ~ I am so very sorry to hear of this, my heart goes out to you.

Uncertainy is a very tough feeling to work though.

I am thinking of you at this diffacult time.
Tony Repola 07/20/66 – 03/29/09
I know you are fishing in the oceans and streams of heaven

laurenE

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 02:24:43 PM »
thank you browneyedgirl.    I am so frustrated at myself for crying at the drop of a hat over this.  I am stronger than that.  I am not financially devastated.  Its that loss of belonging.  That loss of having something that is all mine.  Not my husbands family.  Not "our" friends.  But all mine. 
 I have been through a million times worse,  but still I grieve.     I hate grief.  I'm sure everyone here can say the same thing.   

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2010, 11:49:36 AM »
(((lauren)))

angelicmom27

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2010, 08:21:49 PM »
Lauren..
Sorry to hear about such a loss, you seem like a strong person and given time i,m sure you wil bounce back. i think its mainly the shock of losing the closen of the family that your job created. I know i go thru that and i only work pt..its a comfort and with that changing so does how your days go. but as you said u will still be in touch with your family and maybe the connection can still hold tight in your mind and heart

HALI

Luvinmike

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2010, 03:16:12 AM »
Dear Lauren;
     I am sorry for the circumstances with your job. I hope over time it will become a good opportunity that offerred increased joy. You are thoughtful in reminding others, so I will remind you, to do something nice or special for yourself. It will be important to treat yourself well, and try to accept support. Thinking of you.
Terri

laurenE

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2010, 05:29:15 AM »
Thank you Teri and angelicmom.   I think the hardest part was finding out... and again when I will be there on the last day.    I know I will move on.    But I will miss that regular contact with them.  Being an outsider instead of a part of them.

Thanks for the reminder Teri, to do something special for myself.  I need to do that.  Its been awhile.  :)   

sevenofwands

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2010, 10:13:13 AM »
Hello Lauren:

So sorry to read that you are losing your job.  That really is a shock to the system.  Please know that you are a very worthwhile person with a lot to offer.  I do so hope you find another job, one you like, and also that you can keep up the friendship with some of the people from your worplace.

Every good luck
Seven

Sara Ann

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2010, 05:43:44 AM »
Hi Lauren,

I am back on the board here after a long time, and I am blown away by the generosity and insight of your posts to others. You are someone who clearly has a ton to offer the universe, both in skill and in your strength of character.

And if anyone could add to a family at her next job, I would be betting on you. You must do an outstanding job of choosing people to add to your life, because you have survived so much so well.

They can take your job, but they can't take you. You still are you, and you have a lot of important things to give.

My best to you. Please keep us posted on your job hunt. I am praying that your next job will offer an even better family.

Kind regards,

Sara Ann

laurenE

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2010, 09:11:51 AM »
Sara Ann,

Thank you for those sweet encouraging words. Your timing is perfect, as school is winding down, as is my time there.  I only work 2 1/2 days.  Its been a rough week.  Such a sad time.   

I still have no plans as to the next phase in my life.  I am certain God has a plan.  He just hasn't opened that other door yet.   Sometimes God sure moves slow!

Its good to see you back.  You offer so much to everyone here.

Thank you again sweet sara ann,
Lauren

Sara Ann

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2010, 07:05:47 AM »
Dear Lauren,

Just a note to say I am thinking of you this week. I hope everyone you meet is extra kind to you.

Hugs from here,

Sara Ann

Irene

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2010, 10:50:38 AM »
Hi Lauren,
  I just checked on this area of the site today, and haven't in awhile, so I had no idea what you were going through. I'm so sorry to hear about your being laid off. I just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking of you. I don't know what the future holds for you, but I do know that you're a survivor and something positive will come out of this.
I'm hoping for the best.

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2010, 09:34:17 AM »
Wondering how you are doing Lauren.....

laurenE

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2010, 04:47:43 PM »
Hi all,

I am doing ok.  Thanks for asking.
 I hate job hunting though.  How humbling and sometimes humiliating!  I am either not qualified or over qualified. 
I thought by getting a Master's Degree I would never have to worry about job hunting again. Ha! No such luck. Not in this economy. It knows no limits.

My part time job is going ok and at least giving me something to do 2 days a week.  But I just need to fill 3 more days.   
Thank you all  for the encouraging words and warm wishes.     Keeps me going on my boring days :)

lauren

Sara Ann

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2010, 09:44:22 AM »
Glad to hear you are doing okay.  I've been thinking of you and sending prayers that your next job gives you great joy. Hugs, Sara Ann