Author Topic: Fatal Car Accident Last Night AGAIN!!!SENSITIVE TRIGGERS POSSIBLE  (Read 18845 times)

MelissaCharliesMom

• View Profile
I have no place else to vent all of this at the moment and so I am venting it here. There may be some things that just happen, but this town has had so so many deaths of young people. Neighboring towns are actually talking about us. We are such a very very small town and have had so many young people die. Last night a well known 24 year old was killed in a car accident. He had been drinking, was driving too fast and was not wearing a seatbelt he was ejected from the vehicle and pronounced dead at the scene. A small gathering of friends had been together watching football, he arrived with his own beer, drank too much. My youngest sister who is in her 20's was sober and offering everyone rides. She had left to take someone home. While she was gone this kid told everyone he was stepping outside the house to smoke, when my sister got back he was gone and no one knew he had left. Everyone just assumed he was sitting outside having a cigarette. And now....hes dead.
Drunk driving is a crime, we all know it is and yes thankfully he didnt hurt anyone else, yes it was wrong, but I am freaking out. I am on the verge of seriously losing my temper because it seems that so many people are just so damn ignorant. Yes he made the biggest mistake of his life but for g*ds sake his family has lost their son, brother, nephew, grandson...so why do people feel the incessant need to run around acting as if he deserved to die!!!???? I told my husband tonight I am afraid to go out tomorrow for fear if one person in the grocery store says anything I am going to end up in a physical altercation!!!!I just cant believe this s*it!!!!!Im really on the verge of losing it . Plus my sister and her boyfriend are devastated and in some ways blaming themselves saying they should of taken him home first, etc, etc.....I just needed to vent to you guys! I am hoping all of this negativity doesnt get back to his family. Yes he made a mistake, but it was a mistake that cost him his life and I have no doubt he did not intentionally leave think,ing he was going to die. I know some of you have lost loved ones due to drunk driving and I am by no means lessening the impact of it and how absolutely horrible it is and again thank whatever powers that be that he injured or killed no one else! But to walk around whispering and posting things on internet sights basically saying he deserved this, his family deserved this...I just dont understand people!

Rebecca

• nospam
    • View Profile
Re: Fatal Car Accident Last Night AGAIN!!!SENSITIVE TRIGGERS POSSIBLE
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2009, 07:35:13 PM »
What can we, parents who have been through the loss of our child say.  But, Jaki is right, impulsivity plus the feeling they are invincable (sp).  When I speak with any drunk driver, I always talk about what could have happened, to others, to them, and where that could have have a trickle down effect with so many.
Rebecca Jason's Mom

jillsmom

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2009, 10:49:38 PM »
Oh my. I know. My sweet darling girl thought that she could do anything, take any risk, and always have another chance. That poor boy had no idea there were actions that don't have "one more chance." If the parents are like me, they are feeling that any sense in their lives is gone, and they are living in some twilight zone. The people who say there is a purpose in such an accident are simply trying to protect themselves from it happening to them, as though saying "he deserved it" will protect their own families from the same fate. I am so sorry, Melissa, for the feelings this incident has renewed.
your friend, Kay (Jill's mom)
cooking for friends 2008

Dena

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2009, 03:02:31 AM »
(((Melissa))))

You have every right to be angry. Young people seem to think that they are immortal. It will never happen to them.  How wrong they are.

My heart goes out to the parents who have lost their child.  Another set of footsteps on our journey......

Love,
Dena, Josh's Mom

Dottie (Tammie's Mom)

• Tammie (My Precious Daughter) 8-9-65/9-14-05
    • View Profile
    • Project Tammie
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2009, 05:59:10 AM »
Melissa,

So sorry for the family, especially the parents.

I think at some time in our lives we all have made poor choices especially when we are young.

So many are so quick to judge.

I hope all involved will in time be able to mourn this young man without judgement of how he died.

HUGS,
Dottie Tammie's Mom

laurenE

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2009, 07:15:52 AM »
Melissa,

vent away.  I feel your pain and your anger.   The family didnt deserve this and neither did that poor kid.   He was just a child really,  and like Jaki said,  his frontal lobe was not fully developed.  (Thats one of the latest developments from many studies).

Keeping you, your sister,  and your town in my prayers

lauren

Brenda Taylors Mom

• nospam
  • I miss you so much my "big tough guy"
    • View Profile
    • http://www.taylor-lewis.memory-of.com
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2009, 03:18:00 PM »
Melissa, you're so right,, it's not how they died , it's that they're gone. GONE ..... and a family is grieving forever... it seems like people have to add things that don't need to be added.. not when there's a tragedy.. I'm so sorry ... Love, Brenda

MelissaCharliesMom

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2009, 07:27:53 PM »
I knew you would understand....I dont anymore. I dont understand the senseless loss of so many, too many, young lives.I can think of so many "humans" who dont deserve to live and yet it seems the ones who belong here are the ones who are taken.....senseless tragedies..it seems they never end.

Annette

• nospam
  • Michael, my beloved first son, I miss you so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2009, 10:04:11 PM »
My heart is broken just hearing about all of this. Thank you for sharing it, I often feel the same way. So many young deaths for no good reason. And the parents hurt forever.
Michael's Mom
12-13-82 - 5-14-07

Trevor & Michael 2004 Age3