Author Topic: Daily accomplishments  (Read 89252 times)

MISSINGYOU

• View Profile
Re: Daily accomplishments
« Reply #75 on: September 08, 2009, 10:17:06 AM »
MY YOUNGEST WENT TO PRESCHOOL TODAY. Oh My God...I teared up but my husband is depressed. He said "the kids are growing up so fast, Im getting older faster..." well, no more babies in the house. bitter sweet. Tomorrow will be the first time in 7 years that I have had time to myself as my oldest starts school tomorrow and both will be gone. Abigail for 2.5 hours and Laura for 6. Part of me is doing the happy dance, the other is a little nervouse about it all. Not for them, for me.

I cleaned Lauras room....again. took out some winter boots and cloths for the girls and did dishes.

Elizabeth

Luvinmike

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 08, 2009, 06:23:57 PM »
Congrats Elizabeth, it will come to be a lot of fun I bet. After you get used to yourself again. It is starting to be more comfortable for me to be alone- for different reasons, but able to choose what to do. I hope your kids have good first days! Terri

Let's see today I did a little bit of work and then went grocery shopping. Nothing really interesting going on here.
Terri

tsurandy

• Peggy's Boy
    • View Profile
    • Randell Wheless
« Reply #77 on: September 08, 2009, 08:11:43 PM »
I worked and spent time with my dogs.
Peggy's Boy

georgiapeaches

• For mom, dad, Johnny & rock you left to soon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 09, 2009, 09:17:34 AM »
Congrats Elizabeth! it is something to get used to, I'm here at school working and all the new little kids are here for their first day and they are so precious! I forgot how little my kids once were. so so cute. well, back to work!

georgia.
MOM                        JOHNNY

Carlina

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 09, 2009, 05:28:27 PM »
I went back to my classroom at school and have a class of 8 mostly with ADS and Cognitively Impairments. Of the 8 students, most are boys. It will be an interesting year.
I also went to the hospital to welcome the newest member of the family, my grandson Ronin, who was born today. Ronin is my oldest son Jeremy first son. He also has two older girls. Life does go on even though there is a death to grieve. My husband would have been very proud of the little guy.

MISSINGYOU

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 10, 2009, 07:19:57 AM »
Terri I truely hope you are doing somewhat better. My littliest loves school. My biggest had a hard day with an old bully. I talked to the teacher, she is aware that she has "the bully" in her class and will watch Laura more. Growing up is hard.
Georgia so happy you are working with kids. you must be wonderful with them. I am sure of it.
Carolina I give you a lot of credit. I have done that type of work before and although I loved it I don't miss the challenge and the heart break. I took on a different type of disability, mental health.

Steve and I have had two breakfast dates in a row ;D :D :) forgot what that was like. My eggs were actually hot when I ate them. We have decided to walk on the mornings that he can and lose some weight. One loss I wouldn't mind.  ::)

Have a wonderful day everyone. I have to put laundry away, wash more, vacum the house and dishes. I also have to pick up my little peanut. Half day for now.

Elizabeth

georgiapeaches

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 10, 2009, 09:33:06 AM »
Carlina, Congrats! on your new grandson!

Elizabeth-my mother used to call my youngest daughter, peanut, how precious.

georgia.

littleha

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 10, 2009, 06:20:01 PM »
If Cathy is watching over me she would have had a big smile on her face today. I never did enjoy gardening but the wife loved it and tended her gardens regularly. This yr I planted tomatoes and am now enjoying them. Today I weeded some nasty weeds from the front of the house in a small garden around a tree. I also put down extra mulch around the hedges.  Gardening was never something that I enjoyed but for some reason it is growing on me. To me this is a big accomplishment and I hope it continues to grow on me.
Allan
My darling wife Cathy
Love you
 July 3  1958-May 11 2009

georgiapeaches

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 11, 2009, 09:22:34 AM »
Its amazing the little things we had to accomplish now that our loved ones are gone, I was faced with so many obsticles I never would have thought I could tackle. Great Job Allan! I wish I had a green thumb.

SoCal2010

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 13, 2009, 01:17:26 PM »
I've also decided to start gardening a little bit. It costs $150 to have a gardner come over and all he does is go crazy with the weed wacker, he doesn't even pull them out from the roots. So I'm thinking about trying it myself.

So for today:

* Made a pot roast. My Mom completely spoiled my stepdad and now he doesn't seem to eat unless everything is homemade. I'm getting tired of cooking! This is why I don't have my own family. I'm not a domestic person. But I will try my best to keep doing this for a while. At some point, I will need my own life back though. When that time comes I will get a bigger place so my stepdad can move with me. I will get a job again and have my somewhat normal life. For now, we will stay here. We're both healing so it's better to keep things as they are for a while. But damn, cooking and cleaning all day feels pointless! :P

sevenofwands

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 13, 2009, 02:15:56 PM »
SoCal:

I so understand you.  I am not a domestic person either.  Really dislike housework, and feel it is pointless.  Finish and start all over again LOL.  My mother used to say "housework is soul-destroying".  But, she became a great cook and pastry maker, even though when she got married she pretty much did not know how to boil and egg. L.
Like my mother, I married in my mid-thirties, and was not a domesticated creature, by any means. 
My idea of bliss would be (need to win the lotto!) is to have a cook and a live-in domestic. 

Best wishes
Seven

georgiapeaches

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 14, 2009, 09:50:00 AM »
wouldnt that be lovely!  8)

pepper309

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 14, 2009, 12:54:32 PM »
I will list yesterday's accomplishments since today isn't over yet.
1)  let myself sleep in, I love doing that since I never get to
2)  took the dogs for a walk
3)  took a shower and got dressed
4)  drove to a local farmers market w/ my daughter
5)  went out to lunch w/ my daughter 
6)  gave two massages (I am a massage therapist) to my a couple that my mom knows
7)  went home
8)  took another shower
9)  read part of my book
10)  went to bed early

Keeping busy is a good thing  :)

SoCal2010

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 20, 2009, 10:26:55 PM »
* Cooked 3 meals

* Organized pantry

* Did bills

* Went grocery shopping

Luvinmike

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 28, 2009, 04:45:28 PM »
Wow everyone else seems to get a lot done.
I went to work today- actually did some real work too!

One load of laundry, no, not folded.
Made spaghetti sauce this morning and left it in crock pot.
took my dog for a run!
Have a peaceful night.