Author Topic: Welcome!  (Read 58041 times)

i12thrive

• View Profile
Re: Welcome
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2009, 06:06:06 PM »
I mentioned in the introductions that I have survived CSA, childhood sexual abuse. That's just a part of it. I was the family of origin's 'identified mental patient', and went through all kinds of abuse in hospitals and retraumatization as an adult. I'm still fighting this war that somebody else needed to start on me.
One therapist told me that my mental health was better than most people's because I work at it. Well, I have more work to go. I have to get myself healed up enough toget off of Soc. Security Disability, which has been my 'lifestyle' since I was 22. I'm now 52. It's a wonder I haven't given up.

I I was verbally/emotionally abused by a therapist so badly that I got PTSD from it. I no longer have the flashbacks of him screaming in my face every morning as he did at our last session. In fact, I no longer answer to him in my mind. I guess there are plenty of horrible things that DIDN"T happen to me, and I'm grateful for that.

I somehow got through college an inch at a time. I am a part-time teacher. I teach creative drama to a group of 3rd- 5th grade students. It is rewarding. I've been training as a jazz vocalist for several years. I want to sing out more places. Where I live, there are so many musicians, not that many of us get paid. I also like to paint watercolors and have sold some art over the years.

It's scary to go on sometimes. I don't want to give up. I believe at least sometimes, that we all have true purpose in life and that is a reason to keep going.

I am touched by reading others' stories here. I wish all of you peace, safety, and comfort in your sorrow. And some laughter wouldn't hurt, either.

Thanks for reading this.

i12thrive

Bonnie

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2013, 10:17:04 AM »
Hi, my name is Bonnie and I am presently seeking to be released from my vows as a religious. I suffered from PTSD for over a year after the fight between our two dogs. They had to be surrendered and I went into shock. The psychologist said that losing them was just one in a series of losses that I  never acknowledged. I would repress my feelings about leaving my country, my family, my friends to live in a cloistered community. I guess I would just say that God is healing me and that it is tough right now because I feel as if I am going through a divorce. thank you.

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2013, 10:35:41 AM »
Hi, my name is Bonnie and I am presently seeking to be released from my vows as a religious. I suffered from PTSD for over a year after the fight between our two dogs. They had to be surrendered and I went into shock. The psychologist said that losing them was just one in a series of losses that I  never acknowledged. I would repress my feelings about leaving my country, my family, my friends to live in a cloistered community. I guess I would just say that God is healing me and that it is tough right now because I feel as if I am going through a divorce. thank you.

Welcome Bonnie.  You will find many supportive people here.
Tony Repola 07/20/66 – 03/29/09
I know you are fishing in the oceans and streams of heaven

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2013, 08:22:30 PM »

Hi Bonnie....Welcome to Webhealing. I'm so sorry for all of your losses and your inner personal struggles right now. Please share more with us when you feel up to it.

Sending you hugs & my love,

(((((((Bonnie)))))))

Love,
Terry

missingsomuch

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2013, 09:36:12 AM »
Hi. I just joined and am hoping to find and maybe give help for us who grieve. I'm currently on short term disability for grief/depression related to many things: my elderly, very sick parents, moving back to hometown after 40 years and the loss of that change, my daughter with whom I'm estranged, my little grandson whom I don't see partially due to that estrangement, family dysfunction that I'm forced to face by my return, betrayal by a close friend, loss of most of my money, and so forth. I've got a lot of experience! :{ Thanks.

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2013, 07:46:29 PM »

Hi. I just joined and am hoping to find and maybe give help for us who grieve. I'm currently on short term disability for grief/depression related to many things: my elderly, very sick parents, moving back to hometown after 40 years and the loss of that change, my daughter with whom I'm estranged, my little grandson whom I don't see partially due to that estrangement, family dysfunction that I'm forced to face by my return, betrayal by a close friend, loss of most of my money, and so forth. I've got a lot of experience! :{ Thanks.

((((((( missingsomuch ))))))) Welcome to webhealing. I'm sorry you're struggling so and I look forward to hearing more from you.

This is a safe place to vent your feelings as there are never any judgments. We're here for you.  :love9:

Love,
Terry