Author Topic: Introducing Our Precious Children  (Read 203826 times)

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Re: Introducing Our Precious Children
« Reply #75 on: March 05, 2011, 09:41:36 AM »
(((((((( Clayton's Momma ))))))))

I'm so sorry for your great loss. Welcome to Webhealing where I know you will find comfort and understanding as all here understand, sadly the unbearable pain from losing a child. This is a long journey and we're constantly challenged. We question everything, especially in the beginning because it just doesn't seem possible that this could be real.

Please post, when you're comfortable doing so on the Child Loss Board so that we can all get to know you and your precious Clayton. One day at a time and know that you are not alone, in any of your feelings and there is always someone here to listen.

Sending lots of hugs (((((((((((((((((((((((((Clayton's Momma))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
Understanding and so much love,
Terry

Andrews mom

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 11, 2011, 07:55:51 AM »
My son Andrew was born on September 17,1985, my third son. He did not have it easy as a child, one brother was 10 yrs. older and my second son is seriously of genius I.q. and bossed him around terribly, always correcting him (pronunciation,etc.). A was very smart on his own but never got along with his brother. On his fifth birthday we were at a country fair exhibiting reptiles along with friends and the kids went to play the children's games; his brother won a plastic plane on a string. Of course the picture showed a child swinging it to make it fly...I said don't do this here, he did and Andrew's eye was cut so badly that after several surgical procedures even Yale New Haven Hosp. Couldn't save his eye. Eventually he was fitted with a prosthetic eye. During all this we became very close. He was attracted to drugs at a very early age, I had him arrested for weed in fifth grade. His probation officer was worse than useless.However Andrew and I shared every musical "like" from classical to 60's, 70's etc. He loved history and broadened my knowledge by watching tv shows, speaking about books etc. Although there were arrests and MANY things stolen from the house, mostly my mom's jewelry, even jail time, Andrew remained my best friend often talking all night together. At 18 he got control of his $90,000 injury settlement. I kept him alive twice with CPR. At 22 1/2 he started shooting drugs (he was getting oxy prescribed due to chronic pain from drug related illness. In Feb. He almost lost his leg and had to be on kidney dialysis, almost died. The hospital stay was 3 1/2 weeks and left him with a permanently disabled left leg..couldn't move it from the knee down, but had a brace to wear and a cane. Also throughout his life, he loved dance...ballet in particular. He was good, began at eight years old, didn't care what the other boys said, got several scholarships to dance programs and got kicked out repeatedly for drug use. The leg injury was critical for him, but he said he could focus on choreography. He saw hism.d. on the morning of Wed. March 25. I left him at home, he wouldn't go with me, at noon, to see my m.d. and get some groceries. At 3:30pm I came home to ambulances, police, etc. And he was cold and still on the living room floor, needle still in his hand. I miss him so much, want him back so badly, I know he did not suicide out; we had plans to go places,etc. I don't know how but some way I feel I could have stopped him and I know I could have saved him had I come directly home, no groceries. Andrew'smom.

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 11, 2011, 10:11:19 AM »
((((Andrewsmom))))

I saw this post after I replied to your other post.  I am so sorry, that is so heartbreaking. 

My brother died of an overdose, and we all knew he didn't do it on purpose.......we couldn't stop him with the pills....I kind of look at it like God took away Tony's pain when we couldn't.

I am so sorry.   
Tony Repola 07/20/66 – 03/29/09
I know you are fishing in the oceans and streams of heaven

brownie

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 27, 2011, 07:31:29 PM »
 My son Joe was born September 30, 1986. He was 24 years and 13 days old when he passed away, on October 13 2010. He has been gone for 5 months and 14 days now. He was a great kid. He made me proud. Never drank, smoke, or did drugs. He was a hard working young man. Always there when he anyone needed his help. He was a mechanic, in to computers, and always helping his grandma. He was a very hard worker. We lived on my moms farm and helped her with the farm. He is my only son and he has 2 sisters. 1 older and 1 younger. He loved driving and working on the tractor. He loved computers and learning all about them. He also was into electronics and how machines worked. The day he passed he was down in the pasture with his youngest sister and her friends. They decided to go mudding in the creek. He took the tractor down there to pull them out when they got stuck. I came up to the house and then was going to return down there to watch some more. I had went outside and 1 of the boys came racing up to the house real fast and said the ambulance was comeing and I asked why? He said the tractor flipped over on top of joe. My heart went to my throat and I went running down to the pasture screaming. Yelling my sons name. My daughter was crying and screaming and told her friends do not let my mom down her. I hollered and asked if he was still breathing? They said yes. I could not go down there. I wanted to and just lay next to my son and hold him. The ambulance had gotten there and drove down into the pasture. They had to have a helicopter come in and fly him down to the cities. I aske them if he was going to be alright, they said they didn't know. They told me where he was going. My mom was crying and the neighbors were there. We drove down to the cities, I had called my other daughter that lived in Kansas and told her there was an accident with her brother and we were going to the cities. I know in my mind he was gone, but I didn't want to believe it. We had gotten to the hospital and they took us into a room and said Joe did not make it. I fell to the floor. My god not my son. I lost my baby boy on that horrible day. A part of my world just died. When they told me that he did not make it...Them words are etched in my mind...

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 28, 2011, 02:03:52 PM »
Dear Brownie ~

I am so very sorry for the loss of Joe.  How tragic, I am so sorry. 

Welcome.....you will find a comforting, loving word here. 

Please feel free to start a new thread if you like telling us more about Joe.

Sending love and light.

brownie

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 28, 2011, 02:47:51 PM »
Thank you so much browneyedgirl. And your loss also.

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 28, 2011, 05:29:07 PM »
((((( Brownie )))))

I am so deeply sorry you lost your precious Joe and I'd like to Welcome you to Webhealing. Thank You for sharing your story with us. I remember how difficult that was for me, when I first found this wonderful message board many years ago.

I am from the Child Loss Board and came to Webhealing when my son, Jeff of 29 years died. The people here have been a life line to me. In the beginning, I needed to know that I was not alone in any of my feelings and this still remains very important to me.

Please post as often as you like as you can share anything here. No one will be shocked or angry and no one will judge you. We are all in the same boat, so to speak and rowing forward on the most difficult journey we will ever be on in our lifetime.

If you should need any help posting a picture of Joe, when and if you feel up to it, just follow the instructions in this link http://webhealing.com/forums/index.php/topic,16.msg28931.html#msg28931 on How-To Post a Picture and if you still need help, just contact me and I'll be more than happy to post it for you. In fact, this section is for instructions on how to easily navigate on all of the boards.

Your tragic loss is still so new and the pain so raw. My heart goes out to you. Know you are loved and cared for here.

Whatever you need......

(((((((((((((((((((((((Brownie)))))))))))))))))))))

My Love,
Terry

missing kaiden

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 22, 2011, 09:30:56 AM »
Kaiden-Troy Chance Evans July 4, 2011- October 4,2011was a beautiful happy healthy baby boy. He was a happy baby...always laughing and smiling . Bringing joy to everyone around him. My husband  and I fed him and put him to bed at 1:45 am when I woke up at 5:45am he was gone. Part of me is still in denial and the other half is in agony. I can't imagine life without him. My baby boy was.only here for 3 months....I miss him so much

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 22, 2011, 06:59:11 PM »

(((Eboni))) Thanks for sharing your precious little Kaiden with us, his very brief but very valued life. My heart goes out to both you and your husband during this very difficult time and you both remain in my thoughts and prayers.

I understand when you shared that you couldn't imagine life without him because it takes such a long time to even believe that we will have to live without our babies.

Know you are loved and cared for and amongst those, who like you would give anything to not be joining a support group for the loss of a child, but I am glad that you found us.

Sending Love & Understanding,
Terry

MyLD

• nospam
  • Emily's Mom
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 02, 2013, 09:02:08 AM »
My little Emily Alice, the light of our lives was born on July 10, 1998. We were all so pleasantly surprised to have been gifted a little girl. I have two sons, who are now 18 and 20 years old. The adored their little sister. We have a strong, supportive, loving family - many of whom were at the hospital and able to meet Em shortly after she was born.
Emily brought so much joy to our family. She was the type of person who lived in the now and got joy from whatever she was doing and whoever she was with. She was just so non judgemental and loving. She was the person I wished I could be. Em was a very good student. She was a leader and involved in everything. Her passion from the time she was 7 was to ride horses. She tried her hand at both Western and English style riding - eventually settling on mainly English. She loved jumping her horses. My husband and I are not horse people but were happy to lease a horse and have Emily involved in the lifestyle. In September of last year we bought Emily her own horse and boarded it at the stables she had always been a part of. It was her second home and having her own horse was her dream. They were beautiful together.
Just this June I began to notice that something was up with Em. She seemed preoccupied. I discovered that she was 'cutting'. She told me she did it because she was numb. I got her into counselling quite quickly but thought it might just be a phase she was going through. She was a popular girl but also often drawn to other kids who had problems, she was a helper and very empathetic. Now I see she probably understood them in a different way then what I thought.
Emily's counsellor at Mental Health got her in to a psychiatrist  at our local hospital quickly as she believed that Emily was suffering from clinical depression and that it was serious. He agreed and started her on medication in early July. We spent the summer together in close contact - I was worried and keeping her close and she just seemed to want to spend lots of time together. Now I think that was her gift to us. We went on three holidays this summer and had a great time. She told me she was feeling much better - lighter she said. We returned from our last 10 day trip to our cabin on a Northern Lake on August 21st. We had an amazing trip - Emily had brought a friend with her and there were lots of laughs and days of relaxation. She came home and began excitedly shopping for her new school clothes.
On Saturday, August 24th I got up to run some errands. I was getting ready in the bathroom and Emily had left all of her hair products out. I went into her room to give her heck and instead found her. I screamed for help and unfortunately everyone was home and so not only did my husband and I see her but so did both of her brothers. She had hung herself. I thought I could save her and got her down and gave her mouth to mouth while the boys were calling 911. My husband tells me now that he knew we were much too late. He was right. Emily left several notes. Two for my husband and I, notes for her brothers, notes for her close friends and even a note for her horse. All of them had the same theme - that she loved us all a ton and that she was so sorry. She said she knew she could have come to us but didn't think anyone could fix her brain or her thoughts which were so dark. She encouraged everyone to be kind, to love and to live their lives fully. That may be the part that I now have trouble with.
I miss you Em. I love you Emily...

The Light of our Lives.
newbielink:http://s1346.photobucket.com/user/ta_forbes/media/emlaugh_zps163d5323.jpg.html [nonactive]

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 02, 2013, 07:28:13 PM »
My little Emily Alice, the light of our lives was born on July 10, 1998. We were all so pleasantly surprised to have been gifted a little girl. I have two sons, who are now 18 and 20 years old. The adored their little sister. We have a strong, supportive, loving family - many of whom were at the hospital and able to meet Em shortly after she was born.
Emily brought so much joy to our family. She was the type of person who lived in the now and got joy from whatever she was doing and whoever she was with. She was just so non judgemental and loving. She was the person I wished I could be. Em was a very good student. She was a leader and involved in everything. Her passion from the time she was 7 was to ride horses. She tried her hand at both Western and English style riding - eventually settling on mainly English. She loved jumping her horses. My husband and I are not horse people but were happy to lease a horse and have Emily involved in the lifestyle. In September of last year we bought Emily her own horse and boarded it at the stables she had always been a part of. It was her second home and having her own horse was her dream. They were beautiful together.
Just this June I began to notice that something was up with Em. She seemed preoccupied. I discovered that she was 'cutting'. She told me she did it because she was numb. I got her into counselling quite quickly but thought it might just be a phase she was going through. She was a popular girl but also often drawn to other kids who had problems, she was a helper and very empathetic. Now I see she probably understood them in a different way then what I thought.
Emily's counsellor at Mental Health got her in to a psychiatrist  at our local hospital quickly as she believed that Emily was suffering from clinical depression and that it was serious. He agreed and started her on medication in early July. We spent the summer together in close contact - I was worried and keeping her close and she just seemed to want to spend lots of time together. Now I think that was her gift to us. We went on three holidays this summer and had a great time. She told me she was feeling much better - lighter she said. We returned from our last 10 day trip to our cabin on a Northern Lake on August 21st. We had an amazing trip - Emily had brought a friend with her and there were lots of laughs and days of relaxation. She came home and began excitedly shopping for her new school clothes.
On Saturday, August 24th I got up to run some errands. I was getting ready in the bathroom and Emily had left all of her hair products out. I went into her room to give her heck and instead found her. I screamed for help and unfortunately everyone was home and so not only did my husband and I see her but so did both of her brothers. She had hung herself. I thought I could save her and got her down and gave her mouth to mouth while the boys were calling 911. My husband tells me now that he knew we were much too late. He was right. Emily left several notes. Two for my husband and I, notes for her brothers, notes for her close friends and even a note for her horse. All of them had the same theme - that she loved us all a ton and that she was so sorry. She said she knew she could have come to us but didn't think anyone could fix her brain or her thoughts which were so dark. She encouraged everyone to be kind, to love and to live their lives fully. That may be the part that I now have trouble with.

(((((MyLD))))))

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 02, 2013, 10:00:34 PM »

Thank You so much for sharing your :angel11: Emily's :angel11: story. It's never easy to do. And, it was heartbreaking. I'm so sorry.

You have my heart.

(((((((( Emily's Momma ))))))))

SarahW

• nospam
  • The moment a child is born,the mother is also born
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 07, 2013, 07:53:10 PM »

What a beautiful girl, and what a tragic story.

I am so sorry for your terrible loss.  All of us who have lost a child know how truly horrible your pain, but we know too, that it can be survived.  It takes a lot of time and a lot of tears.  Let yourself grieve and reach out to those who can help.

Nothing will ever make this alright, but know you are not alone in what you are experiencing.  Much love to you.
I love thee to the level of every day's Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light. -- Emily Dickinson

You were a gift

Zoësmamma222

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 06, 2014, 05:22:07 AM »
My daughter Zoë Raine Galasso was born on February 22, 2000 she was the baby sister to brother Rayden (28 months older) a perfect pairing of siblings who never fought and were always "buddies".  This has been very tough on my boy who at 17 must grieve for his baby sister who left us too early!!

Zoë loved music, art and sports her favorite being soccer.  She loved animals especially her favorite cat Butters.  She loved going to concerts and had just recently seen Jack Johnson at the Gorge in George, Washington with her Dad and brother.  She loved her friends and loved the water.

Marysville High School Shooting Victim Zoe Galasso Remembered ...
www.nbcnews.com/.../marysville-high-school-shooting-victim-zoe-galasso- [nofollow]...
Nov 1, 2014 - Hundreds of mourners gathered Saturday to remember 14-year-old Zoe Galasso, one of the victims of last week's Washington shooting...

RoxyRay

• nospam
  • Am I doing this right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 05, 2015, 04:23:20 PM »
My child never got a name until this year.  I can only guess as to it's sex.  My baby never drew breath.   I was going through a terrble loss as it was with the knowlage that my father had been struck with cancer that would take him the same month as my baby. The child's father and I were going through a very difficult time in our relationship and said "If it doesn't kick, it isn't a child".  I was utterly alone in the loss.  We had found out about my dad on the 3rd of May that year.  I found out I was pregnant 4 days later.  My family followed the religious requirements for last rites, and as my father's priest was praying over him... I put my hand on my dad's hand; and my belly.  No one else knew I was pregnant.  It really wasn't the time to tell them that I knew something was wrong with my new baby.  I knew deep inside there was something wrong.  Before I could book an appointment, I found I was discharging terribly, and my cramps were horrible.  Fevers were persistant and I was a complete mess.  My father passed on the 23rd and was due for burial on the 26... his birthday.  I went to the funeral and tried to stand up at the begining of the service but the craps were too severe.  I doubled over in pain and a old friend took me to the hospital.  By 9 pm that night, Taylor was gone before I got to know her. 
And while the rest are playing and enjoying the day, i sit at home and hold my doll, wishing you had breath.