Author Topic: Information about the Main Board  (Read 44482 times)

Lornz

• View Profile
Re: Information about the Main Board
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2009, 12:17:19 PM »
Hi my name is Lornz and I'm 50 years old.  My husband Dave died on November 15, 2008 after a six week illness.  We were together for 15 years, married for 8.  Dave was from California but came to live here in Barbados, Caribbean where his parents were born.  He was my everything.  I miss him so very much.  He loved talking and sometimes talked so much I would pray for him to shut up.  Boy, what I would give to hear his chatter again!!  I called him motor mouth.  We would have a laugh about it.  Mostly I'm doing ok but there are time I need to talk and I dont know who wants to listen anymore.  It got old quick.  My family are wonderful and supportive but I think they think its bad for me to dwell on Dave.  I disagree as I believe talking about him helps the grieving process.  As I read back what I wrote I saw the irony of it all.  Dave loved to talk so much now I'm the one longing to talk.

Luvinmike

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2009, 04:40:24 AM »
So sorry to hear about your husband. Sorry you did not receive a reply more quickly- this thread is not really active but the MAIN message board is andw we wish you would join us there. I lost my husband too. I agree talking about our loved ones helps. Thinking of you. Post on the main board and if you have questions on how to use the site just ask. I speak for may here in saying how sorry I am for your loss of Dave. Terri

Mistymoo

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2009, 07:21:24 AM »
Hello. I have lived abroad with my children (early 20's) and my husband for the past 7 years. My dad died 12 years ago, my mum died 8 years ago (both from illness), my eldest brother was killed in a an aeroplane crash 5 years ago and 4 months ago, my only remaining sibling (brother) committed suicide. I went into total shock and have compartmentalised the whole episode until now. I now find that I cannot concentrate at work, am irritable and still can't look at photos of him or even think about it all. I cannot find any counselling where I live even though I have looked online and in the local directory. I have not been to see my local doctor yet as I do not want to talk about the whole thing or I may have to face up to it. Not sure how best to cope, really.

Luvinmike

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2009, 10:42:57 AM »
Mistymoo;
So sorry about your brother and many family losses. Yes, please speak with your doctor, this is justifiable shock. I am sure this is a lot for you to think about. Please join us on the Main Board as this is an inactive thread. Glad you found the site, tell us more, post and write as you are able. Thanks Terri

Ramses

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2010, 04:45:37 AM »
Good morning:

When I signed up for the site, I came across a video presentation that Tom was doing in Washington, D.C. where he discussed the different ways men and women express grief.  I wanted to pass this on to another member of the group and I am unable to find it again.  Does anyone know where I might retrieve this? 

Kind regards.

Ramses

laurenE

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2010, 05:11:15 AM »
try this

http://webhealing.com/index.html

then click on "speaking"
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 05:13:19 AM by laurenE »

Tom

• Administrator
    • apples are good and are good for you too
    • View Profile
    • Crisis, Grief and Healing
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2010, 08:04:13 AM »
Good morning:

When I signed up for the site, I came across a video presentation that Tom was doing in Washington, D.C. where he discussed the different ways men and women express grief.  I wanted to pass this on to another member of the group and I am unable to find it again.  Does anyone know where I might retrieve this? 

Kind regards.

Ramses

Hi Ramses -  Thanks for passing on the little video.  It can be found on the page that advertises my speaking.  It's a flash vid near the bottom of the page.  Here is the url:

http://webhealing.com/ws.html

Tom's New EBook and paperback

emix7

• I am forever lost without him
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2010, 12:47:33 PM »
I am still trying to see if i am in the right place I did not find new topic to introduce myself. Am I in the right palce? evelyn

Doug1222

• nospam
  • Keep on keeping on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2012, 06:15:18 PM »
I made an introducation thread that's meant to be my place to talk about the whole thing, but I should probably make a short introduction here. I didn't see an introduction board, so I'm doing it here. It looks like this is the place.

I'm Doug. My brother, Steve, died in 1995 in an auto accident. My dad, Doug, Sr., died in 2000 in a very similar auto accident. Stevie was 22 and my dad was 57. Both were perfectly healthy, and neither one was at fault. Neither one was actually driving at the time.

It's taken me a long time, but I'm finally ready to deal with the grief. I have to, actually. Otherwise, I'm afraid it will mess up my life. I'm ready. Thanks for giving us this place. It's good to meet all of you.

Doug1222

• nospam
  • Keep on keeping on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2012, 11:59:27 AM »
I just did my profile and decided to use Brad Pitt as my picture. It's close enough. Ha!
:-)
Doug

stampingwidow

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2012, 09:00:51 PM »
The Main  board is a place for those of us who  have lost a friend or loved one. It is a place for all of us  to gather , offering support to each other in our grief.   It is a place  where we are free to be ourselves or be anonymous.  It is our safe place to laugh,  cry,  vent,  express our anger at our situation,  be confused,  or simply share and  remember  the one who has died.   It is a place where we can offer support to others as well as ask for support in our own journey.

Feel free to respond to posts already started or you can start your own.  Don't forget to go to the introduction board and post a brief introduction about yourself and  how your friend or loved one  died.