Author Topic: song  (Read 4516 times)

sandy2

song
« on: December 16, 2007, 09:18:46 AM »
HELLO EVERYONE, my sister-in law just sent me a song i wanted to share , I MADE IT THRU THE RAIN BY BARRY MANILOW.it was a very comforting song. i wish we could all see a day of making it thru the rain. i know for me these 27 weeks have been the most MISERABLE, PAINFUL, LONLY, DEEP DOWN AGONIZINGS DAYS OF MY LIFE. i keep thinking im getting better then........... WHO KNOWS WHAT HAPPENS BASICALLY WALKING OUT MY FRONT DOOR. so i just stay in . GOD I MISS MY BOY (could ya tell i was screaming that) & it seems like no one hears or answers! i do have a wonderful family , but they are all dealing with the loss also & their own health issues , i cant keep laying the burden on them. ive read 2 post about smelling this morning GOD BLESS YOU THAT DO & CAN. ive slept with SHANES shirt since the day of the accident & im so sad its lost its smell. i have found if i wear my mask 1 day & pretend im ok the next day im just so miserable, i tried to be ok yesterday, now today ive been in & out of bed , migrane pill, my whole body is just weakened . GOD I HATE THIS JOURNEY I DONT WANT TO BE ON IT ANY LONGER, THE PAIN IS JUST TOO INTENSE FOR MY MIND & BODY.thanks for letting me vent once again GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU, & HOPE WE CAN FIND A WAY TO MAKE IT THRU THE RAIN . LOVE & PEACE SANDY SHANES MOM FOR A WONDERFUL 29 YEARS THANK YOU SHANE.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2007, 01:14:02 PM by sandy2 »

WendyRN

• nospam
    • View Profile
Re: song
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2007, 03:36:20 PM »
Have nothing to add.  Just "ditto".

Wendy, Keith's mom

Judy-Marc's mum

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2007, 03:36:16 AM »
Same goes.  "ditto"  nothing changes.  I wish that we could all change the journey that we are on and have all of our most gorgeous children back.  Life doesn't have the same meaning that it once had.

Karen Paul

• nospam
    • View Profile
    • Chris Bascom Memorial
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2007, 08:08:11 AM »
Sandy - there are just not enough words sometimes.. holding you and Shane in my heart..

hugs, Karen

Maureen, Traci's Mom

• me and Traci at her Graduation party
    • View Profile
    • Traci's memory of page
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2007, 09:13:45 PM »
Hi Sandy,

I haven't posted very much here lately, but I wanted to share the lyrics with everyone.  I am glad you mentioned that song, because even though I am a huge Barry fan, I hadn't thought of that song in years.  I feel it is a song that we can all look forward to saying...when, I don't know.

I lost my Traci (18) in a car accident on March 7, 2005, I still haven't made it through the rain....

I Made It Through The Rain
Barry Manilow

We dreamers have our ways
Of facing rainy days
And somehow we survive

We keep the feelings warm
Protect them from the storm
Until our time arrives

Then one day the sun appears
And we come shining through those lonely years

I made it through the rain
I kept my world protected
I made it throught the rain
I kept my point of view
And found myself respected
By the others who
Got rained on too
And made it through

When friends are hard to find
And life seems so unkind
Sometimes you feel so afraid

Just aim beyond the clouds
And rise above the crowds
And start your own parade

'Cause when I chased my fears away
That's when I knew that I could finally say

I kept my world protected
I made it throught the rain
I kept my point of view
And found myself respected
By the others who
Got rained on too
And made it through

Traci's Graduation picture 2004

sandy2

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2007, 03:03:40 PM »
thank-you all for your replys SHELLY you didnt sabotage my post, i know were all on the same horrible journey. im so mad at your ex eveytime i read his post. cant he just let well enough alone for the kids ??? MAUREEN, thanks for the words , i feel like were all drowning. i had my wonderful big court date today. nothing i ever antipated(well maybe a little )AUSTINS(10) mother made it here from FLA., the attr., judge everyone goes & makes these deals. AUSTIN talks to the judge about his feeling , we had 4 school teacher & the counsellar there. hes went to school here & lived here since birth , with his FATHER for 4 years us the rest of time. well no one testified, no one had there say , he leaves the middle of JAN. for FLA.  we get summer she gets school year , we get 3 months , she gets 9 !!!!!! WHAT A HEART BREAKING DAY FOR A 10 YEAR OLD. IM HEART BROKEN TOO BUT AFTER LOOSING SHANE NOTHING COULD HURT THAT BAD & THAT MUCH AGAIN BUT I SURE WAS ANTICIPATED RAISING HIS BOY . he has 2 others they were making a deal with here too when i left for some visitation. i cant live my life on deals. ive already been dealt the worst deal we could have . so i dont know where we go from here . i guess were going to enjoy 4 weeks , then wait till summer . GOD THIS HURTS!!!! LOV YA ALL THANKS .PEACE TO ALL. LOVE SANDY SHANES MOM.   SHANE I TRIED TO FIGHT YOUR BATTLE & STILL WILL I LOVE YOU MOM

Marylou

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2007, 06:26:03 PM »
Sandy2, my heart aches for you tonight, so, so sorry things didn't turn out for you and that little one. I guess am so very Thankful when my Son Keith was killed his wife was and has always been there for me. He had a little boy born after he died and she lets me or his Aunts have him when ever. I thought of your hurt and knowning deep inside what it would be like if I were in your shoes. I am thankful you do get him for the 3 months, but as you said so unfair for him and you! I know you will make the most out of those 3 months and that little guy will be loved so much!!!
My thoughts are with you and I will hold you in my prayers and believe me I do feel your hurt! The pain we have had to deal with, on the losing of our Sons, nothing can compare too that, but for you to have all this heartache on top of it, unbelievable!!!
I am sure Shane was looking down from above today and was so proud of his Mom!!
Take Care
Marylou

sandy2

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2007, 07:27:32 AM »
THAK-YOU SO MUCH MARYLOU, THERE MUST BE BETTER THINGS TO COME . ILL JUST HAVE TO LOOK HARDER I GUESS. LOVE SANDY SHANES MOM