Author Topic: Thankyou Tom  (Read 9144 times)

Debh

• Forever Loved, Forever Missed, Never Forgotten
    • View Profile
Thankyou Tom
« on: December 02, 2006, 08:30:46 AM »
Trying the calendar out  :) and the spell check was needed already by me, very neat options to use when we post.

Tom

• Administrator
    • apples are good and are good for you too
    • View Profile
    • Crisis, Grief and Healing
Re: Thankyou Tom
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2006, 08:39:27 AM »
Good job!  Can you see how this would be great for anniversary dates?  We could look at the calendar for the month and be able to see all of the anniversaries for that month and have a link to the post about that particular death.  I had been envisioning a way to create this for the other board but could never find a way.  This one far surpasses what I had been hoping to do.  There is even a listing of the "events" in the forum directory.  I love it.  It's pretty easy to use too don't you think?
Tom's New EBook and paperback

Debh

• View Profile
Tom
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2006, 11:41:55 AM »
Yes I think its very easy to use once I know or learn what I am doing  ;) :D.

I haven't even started with all the possibilities I see here. The BBC tags and al look interesting to me but not attempting them just yet.

The calendar could also help us on Tea Chats and events we schedule here at the board.

Thanks again
Love
Deb

faye

• nospam
  • Larry Brickman
    • View Profile
    • Larry & Nana
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2006, 01:33:18 PM »
Ditto,
Tom.  I got both Larry's BD and Angel Date on the calendar.  Hope I did it right.

Tom

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2006, 01:56:08 PM »
Looks like you did it right to me Faye.   The calendar also feeds a coming events section viewable from the main category.  You can see it here.  Notice the section called "upcoming calendar" and the links to anything that is listed for the next 30 days..

LaVonne

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2006, 02:32:30 PM »
Deb

I can't figure the calendar out and i think i can't work this.I am not going to do well on this board. Thinking of you and Chad.  hugs LaVonne

Debh

• View Profile
LaVonne
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2006, 02:40:50 PM »
I understand things that changes are hard LaVonne and hope I don't offend you but you sound like me not too long ago. Change can put me in a frizzy and when that happens I say I can't do something which then turns out to be I am right I can't if I think I can't. I hope you keep trying though, trial and error does wonders for me, many errors and I get there evidentually and I can't imagine not being with everyone I love here at the board.

Hope to see you here and everyone that is having trouble with the changes, I'd sure likeoffer to help if I could but I am still learning all this myself so best ask Tom for help I see he is here today helping us through many problems we are having and responds quickly I must say. I really think once we get use to the new way things are we will find ways that make it easier on ourselves.

Love
Deb

Debh

• View Profile
LaVonne Calendar
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2006, 02:45:29 PM »
On the calendar I can share what I did, on top where it says home help search profile calendar, click on that calendar, then at the bottom it has a date with drop down boxes, select your dates from there.  Then click on post event. I think thats how I did it  :). I haven't figured out what we do here though in the subject line and message and if, if we are suppose to write what the date is about or what.

Love
Deb

Tom

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2006, 06:00:02 PM »
Deb is right Lavonne.  Use the "post event" button on the calendar to post a message and leave a date on the calendar.  Please feel free to experiment and make as many mistakes as you would like!  The way we learn new things often can be sped up if we are willing to really pull some lulu's.  I bet if you give it a chance you will get used to it within a few days to a week and will be an old hand at things in no time.     There will be plenty of folks around who may have some help with specific questions so please feel free to ask.

Tom

Johanna

• nospam
  • Micheal at Wonderland
    • View Profile
    • Micheal's Memorial Website
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2006, 06:31:48 PM »
Yes thank you Tom. I thought the other board was wonderful, but thank you for the terrific improvements.
Johanna, Micheal's mom

Who, then, can so softly bind up the wound of another as he,
who has felt the same wound himself?
Thomas Jefferson