Author Topic: You All Did It Again  (Read 7458 times)

Donnys Dad

• nospam
  • Donny At Football Hall of Fame, Another Great Trip
    • View Profile
    • Donny's Memorial Website
You All Did It Again
« on: June 14, 2007, 07:28:35 AM »
Well we made it thru yesterday, Donny's 3 rd Angel Date.  Wife and I spent a great deal of time at his grave site.  Then released 3 baloons with notes on them.  Our girls and his friends had already placed flowers there.

We came home and our girls came over.  That was a big help to get thru the day.  We cried together, held each other, and talked of Donny and the good times.

I must say that You, My Friends on this Board are beyond words.  I received so many caring thoughtful messages for my wife and I.  Strange thing is that we received no phone calls or visits from any of our so called friends of the past.  I am so very grateful to all of you and so wish we were not on this journey.  However, since we are, I can think of no better people to be with.

Thank You, The Montross Family
Don, Bonnie, Shirley, Kim, Kelly and in spirit Donny
I Miss You So Much Buddy, My Best Friend, My Tiger

Don, Donny's Proud Dad

quint906

• Cory
    • View Profile
Re: You All Did It Again
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007, 10:16:27 AM »
You're so very welcome Don.

The support that you and the other parents on this board have given me helps me make it through the very tough times.

I'm glad that Barb gave our boys the opportunity to experience the New York walk together.

Thinking of you and Bonnie.

Jo
« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 10:19:44 AM by quint906 »

Jeanneb

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2007, 03:14:08 PM »
Don,

You are such a good man.  I'm sorry any of us have to walk this journey but so glad to have the support of such caring good people.

I was so glad to read in your post that you all shared some memories of good times.  I find it sure does help the pain a bit to have a memory and now it can bring a moment of a smile.  That's what we hold on to, the good memories to help us along this journey.

You've certainly touched my heart and I thank you.

Jeanne

Rebecca

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2007, 04:14:57 AM »
I am glad that the most important people in your life were together, your personal family.  We here are important too and truly understand your grief.I have noticed that Jason's name is not mentioned all that much anymore.  I think the reason is and if one reasons it out in our own mind we might agree, that each family has there own members to remember on special days, not necessarily death of a child but others.  It is also cylical when some don't remember them then they don't remember others.  I don't fault becuase the truth be told, Jason was ours, Donny was yours and others have their own.   We are all friends, but when our expectations get out of wak, we hurt all the time, first from losing our child and then from the loss of friends.  My questions is:  How much time have we really spent with others to expect them to remember us and our loss?
Rebecca Jason's Mom

John-Danielle Marie's Daddy

• nospam
  • Always Loving, Always Loved
    • View Profile
    • Danielle Marie's Memorial Website
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2007, 09:45:08 AM »
Don,
Thank you for your kind words.
I am SORRY that your so-called "friends" have forgotten about you.
We are ALL here for each other...That's what "FRIENDS" are for!!!
Wishing You All Continuous Comfort & Peace,
John-Danielle Marie’s Daddy
1/4/95-2/20/06 (head trauma-motor vehicle accident)
“Her friendship was an inspiration, her love a blessing”

Dottie (Tammie's Mom)

• Tammie (My Precious Daughter) 8-9-65/9-14-05
    • View Profile
    • Project Tammie
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2007, 09:51:52 AM »
Don and Family,

LOVE AND HUGS right back at you. Remember how much you are cared about.

Dottie Tammie's Mom

Wadesmom

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2007, 09:59:19 AM »
Don,  
Even though I was not active on the child loss site yet, I wanted you to know that I was also thinking of you and your family  on Donnie's 3rd Angel date.   I'm glad that your girls came over and that their presence helped get you thru the day.  
I realize that I am fortunate to have  two older daughters, I am grateful for both of them and love them so much. The  love and support that they have given to my husband and I  the past 10 months is beyond words, yet when they are both home it is painfully obvious to me who is missing.

I am working on this daily and I also am trying to be the best mom that I can be to both of my surviving daughters, even though my heart is broken and I yearn/ache for my son daily.  I know that  my girls hurt and have suffered the loss of their only brother, and I can not imagine their pain at times. Because it is too unsettling , disturbing and difficult for me to try to absorb what has even occured in our lives.

On July 29th, 2006, Our oldest daughter got married and our family celebrated a joyous occassion together with friends and family. Two weeks later, our son was killed. I don't understand it, It still doesn't make any sense to me, and   I will always wonder "why?" I Know that while I am down here I will never fully understand, grasp or be able to comprehend any of it. yet I am searching,,,,,,,,,,,,

I just wanted you to know that My  thoughts are with you and your family.  

Wadesmom

Debh

• Forever Loved, Forever Missed, Never Forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2007, 08:06:32 PM »
Don I was thinking of you and DOnny so much these past days and so glad to hear you spent family time together in memory of Donny and missing him so so much.

Wadesmom I sure understand when your daughters are there one is missing. The first years everytime they walked through the door I burst into tears cause Chad didn't walk in behind them. Today that has changed. I still think of him and want him to walk in but the tears are no longer there at these times, its felt inside today and has become my norm. My oldest daughter was married in Sept of 95 and Chads died May of 96, and was divorced then a few years after their deaths grief didn't work in their marriage is the best answer I found to this,  I also asked why, and searched for every question that came to me for a answer. Some answers came some didn't, I searched as long as I needed to and ended with peace with the answers I got and didn't get. Someday they may come and if not then they are not suppose to I guess. Yesterday my youngest daughter got married, it was the most beautiful cermony and having a candle in memory of the boys was so wrong and unfair and they were so missed. But I can say thanks to all the support I have found here I was able to be the proud mother of the bride I was wanted to be and my daughers and my SIL and their happiness made this natural for me today. The boys were missed, not forgotten, loved and remembered.

Just wanted to say I understand very well what your feeling and going through and my thoughts are with you and your family.

Don I am still waiting for that Donny story you are going to tell me someday. Patiently waiting lol.

Love to you both and our kids
Deb

LaVonne

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2007, 05:44:18 AM »
I am so sorry for missing Donnys Angel date. I have not been here for a long time and again i am sorry. I do think of everyone just don't have enough time to come on usually. I have to be to work at 10:30 today so decideld to come on this am and say hi. We are going on vacation out to montana and leaving on the 3rd at night. Can't get off work before that. Hugs and Bless Donnie and keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.

MelissaCharliesMom

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2007, 09:11:44 PM »
I am sorry I didnt get a chance to send you a personal message on Thur. I did remember since our boys angel dates are so close together. Just know you are in my thoughts always and I too am proud to call this place my 2nd home and even more proud to share it with all of you.

MARTHA(CANDI'S AUNT)

• nospam
  • AUNT MARTHA LOVES YOU CANDI
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2007, 06:56:44 PM »
don,
  i feel like you do at time's. that everyone here are the only one's who really care. friends say they do but when i talk about candi it's like i can tell they're sick & tired of hearing about her.
my sister(lisa-candi's mom) even told me last week i was obssessed with this of candi. i had asked her if she's visited candi's website. she said "no" & went on griping at me. it hurt my feeling's. i even asked her what song she'd like me to upload on there & she told me she didn't care.

since candi was killed 2 yrs. ago lisa has taken her anger out on me & our mom. lisa's favorite phrase to say to me & our mom is" it's none of your business."

don, she can get in our business but no-one can getin to hers. she's always bossing us & we just take it. our aunt's husband passed away yesterday. he had an abcess in his throat & they had cut his throat & got the pus out but it spread through his body. he went in on thursday & died yesterday. when i was at the hospital sunday in the e.r. with my daughter(brittany-16)(she has brochitis.) lisa walked down & sat with us & told me they didn't think larry was gonna make it. our mom wasn't there.
when lisa went back to the i.c.u . i called our mom & told her. then i walked down to see larry. i told lisa i called mom. lisa said" you're taking care of her." our mom doesn't handle thing's like this well. i looked at lisa & said" i will!!! & if that was todd(lisa's husband) in there & no-one called me i'd be pissed because he's like my brother & you're my sister. & that's no difference . mom needs to be with her sister." lisa didn't say anything back.
i'm sorry to let loose like that but i needed to get that out.

martha