Author Topic: Board Info/Merged Topics  (Read 203555 times)

Tom

• Administrator
    • apples are good and are good for you too
    • View Profile
    • Crisis, Grief and Healing
Re: Moderator Changes....
« Reply #90 on: May 27, 2010, 11:05:38 AM »

Dena you have been such a wonderful loving presence and steward here on the board. I am so sad to see you go but trust you in knowing what is best.  I can't thank you enough for all you have done.  I don't even know how many years you have been doing this but I want to say thank you so much for all you have done.   Blessings to you!

Welcome to Terry!

Tom

Hi Everyone,

As of today, we are going to make a change in moderators. Terry will be taking over as moderator for the child loss board.  I feel very confident that she will be a great source of support for everyone here.

I did a great deal of soul searching and came to realize that I cannot devote the amount to the board that is needed due to personal and career issues. My life has become so hectic!  But it is a good hectic - it keeps me busy.

I am so grateful to Tom and everyone here for the opportunity to moderate for as long as I have!  It has been a healing experience! Thank you for all of your support over the years!

Love,
Dena, Josh's Mom
Tom's New EBook and paperback

Rebecca

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 27, 2010, 11:15:53 AM »
I an confident that while u may not be the moderator, you will still be here and jump in and out as you need and as we specifically need you.  I am thankful to have had you here and am very happy that you are a good busy with family and career. U deserve all that is good.  I am sure that your "replacement, Terry"  will do fine and I personally welcome her.  Please keep us posted and send pics of the grandchildren.
Rebecca Jason's Mom
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 10:36:50 AM by Terry »

Dena

• nospam
    • View Profile
Board/Date Changes
« Reply #92 on: May 27, 2010, 11:24:51 AM »
Thanks everyone!

Tom, I am not sure myself how many years it has been - I am thinking since early winter of 2003?  I never really looked at it in terms of time before!

Rebecca - Work has me very busy these days - plus we are dealing with the empty nest once again.  Time for me & hubby to have some time together!  Terry has been here for a long time and I know that she is committed to keeping this board safe & supportive for all.

Love,
Dena, Josh's Mom
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 01:53:00 PM by Terry »

Jeanneb

« Reply #93 on: May 27, 2010, 12:57:39 PM »
Dena,

Thank you for all you have done.  I wish you peace on your continued journey.  You have been a true blessing over the years.

Thanks again,
Jeanne
Philip's mom forever
Bruce's sister

Brenda Taylors Mom

• nospam
  • I miss you so much my "big tough guy"
    • View Profile
    • http://www.taylor-lewis.memory-of.com
« Reply #94 on: May 27, 2010, 09:37:10 PM »
(((( Dena))))) Thank you for all you have done, you were the first one to welcome me. I know Terry will do a fantastic job.. Love you and Josh.. Brenda

Annie1973

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 27, 2010, 11:23:57 PM »
Dear Dena,

I'm really going to miss you, and miss seeing the shining face of Josh. Please know you take the best wishes and continuing prayers of everyone here as you take some new baby steps down another path. Thank you for all your love and compassion over the years.

Many blessings to you!
Annie (Dans mom)
Much love,
Annie (Dans mom)

Dottie (Tammie's Mom)

• Tammie (My Precious Daughter) 8-9-65/9-14-05
    • View Profile
    • Project Tammie
« Reply #96 on: May 28, 2010, 05:53:00 AM »
Dena,

You will be missed.

I don't visit as often as I once did but you helped me so much on this journey grief.

Please do visit when you can and let us know how you are doing.

I know all of our Angels appreciate all you have done too.

HUGS,
Dottie Tammie's Mom

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
A Message For All!
« Reply #97 on: May 28, 2010, 01:46:51 PM »
Hi All!

I just wanted to touch base with everyone to let you know that I will be moderating the Child Loss Forum.

Dena posted a message yesterday "Moderator Changes" for anyone who hasn't read it yet.

Dena has paved a smooth road for all who travel here, assuring that we were always safe and felt loved and cared for and I will be continuing where she has left off.

Her heart and her soul went into this special place and it was her kindness toward others and compassion that has always made everyone feel very welcome here.

You will be missed, Dena!

There will be no changes to the Child Loss Board and everything will continue as it has been.

This Board has been my second home and I feel the same as everyone here does, that we need to keep it a safe place and a comfortable place for all who post and read here.

If you should have any questions, concerns or suggestions, please feel free to contact me as soon as the need arises. I'll be more than happy to help in any way that I can.

I want you all to know, from the bottom of my heart that I am committed to keeping our forum the "safe haven" that it has always been!

Thanks for reading!

My love to all,
Terry

Brenda Taylors Mom

• nospam
  • I miss you so much my "big tough guy"
    • View Profile
    • http://www.taylor-lewis.memory-of.com
Re: A Message For All!
« Reply #98 on: May 28, 2010, 04:18:11 PM »
 Terry, you will be a great replacement :) Dena has done a wonderful job and you will too :)
I know you are dedicated to this board and we're lucky to have you. Thank you for taking this one Terry !!!
Love to you
Bren
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 04:27:55 PM by Brenda Taylors Mom »

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 28, 2010, 05:12:26 PM »
Thank you so much for your support, Brenda! I really appreciate it!

I feel honored to be serving the parents of this board, this special place where "I" could come when no one else was there for me. I know how important it is to feel safe and to have my feelings accepted. They were, here. And, I'm forever grateful for all here who have supported me over the years.

We all suffer from one thing or another since our precious children died. I have PTSD but so do many parents, so I understand how hurtful certain words and phrases can be and how they can also cause a long term affect.
At the same time, I also understand how very important it is to be able to get all of our feelings out; feelings of anger, resentment, guilt and the anger also includes anger towards God. All of the emotions that we deal with while working very hard to live without our children.

I want everyone to feel comfortable being open with their feelings and if anyone is hesitant about doing so, a simple warning in the title will be sufficient.

We can't heal until we deal.

We are all so unique in our grief and at the same time, bonded due to being the same.

Much love to you, Bren and your precious "baby doll"
Terry

Kathy

• nospam
  • Don
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 31, 2010, 08:26:01 AM »
Dear Dena,

Thank you for all the compassion you have put into this board. You will be greatly missed, but never forgotten.

Love,
Kathy-Don's Mom

Annette

• nospam
  • Michael, my beloved first son, I miss you so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 02, 2010, 08:43:50 PM »
Dear Dena,

I hope you will still come to the board and post as you have so much to offer. Thank you so very much for everything you've said and added on the board. I look forward to seeing you and Josh again. I always look forward to reading what you have to say!

Love and blessings,
Annette
Michael's Mom
12-13-82 - 5-14-07

Trevor & Michael 2004 Age3

Annette

• nospam
  • Michael, my beloved first son, I miss you so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 02, 2010, 08:52:04 PM »
Thank you, Terry, for taking over the board! This board is a safe place where I can say what I need and want to say and where others accept me. You are a wonderful choice for a moderator, Terry! Good luck!

Love,
Annette
Michael's Mom
12-13-82 - 5-14-07

Trevor & Michael 2004 Age3

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 03, 2010, 08:35:11 PM »
Thanks so much, Annette! I really appreciate your support. I feel as you do regarding the need for a place to come where we can share all of our feelings. That is so very important.
I remember finding this board after my Jeff died. It was 3 in the morning and I was just lost. I googled or searched loss of a child and found webhealing and I was received so warmly. I will never forget that morning and the fact that I no longer felt so totally alone. I found a place to come! That was 7 years and 5.5 months ago. And, I remain grateful!

Much love to you with thoughts of your sweet Michael, always!
Terry

Dearestangelbook

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 02, 2010, 06:08:37 PM »
Are we allowed to talk about child loss due to abortion on here?  Thanks.