1. What is your name and the name of your son or daughter, and how old was s/he when s/he died?
My name is Karen and my sons name is Ronnie.He was 21...just turned 21 two months previously.
2. What did your son/daughter do all day, before the end? What happened to him/her?
Ronnie was working on his trans am with his sisters bf who is a mechanic.His girlfriend Erin was visiting..
3.What happened during the last few hours of his/her life? I worked the night before so I am not exactly sure. I know he was going to the parts store and dropping his girlfriend off at work and then coming back to work on his car.
4. What happened during the last few minutes of his/her life? What did s/he do?
Ronnie had dropped his girlfriend off at work and was headed home and got approx. 3.2 miles from the house.
5. Was anyone else present at the time of his/her death? Only strangers.
6. If no one was present, who was the first person on the scene? When and how did that person show up to find him? I was told a man on a bicycle stopped to help Ronnie
7. What did that person do after finding him/her? He told Ronnie to hold on help was on the way
8. What did the law enforcement officers do after they showed up? I believe it was the rescue that responded first, then the police who closed the street down till close to midnight (the accident happened at 2:46pm on a sunny clear day)
9. How did you find out that your son or daughter died? What were the exact words that were said?
The police drove up and parked across the street from my house. They didnt arrive until almost 5pm. Ronnie had been dead over 2 hours. I dont remember the exact words.It is a blurr
10. And what was your first response?
Im not sure..I know I sat down and then htey called my daughter in from out side and then we left with the police to go to the hospital.
11. Is there anything else you want us to know about the day the music died in your life?
I remember walking into the ER with the police and my daughter and people in the Er were looking..I must have had alook of shock on my face. When I walked into the room that Ronnie was in I know I started to collapse but I think my daughter caught me Im not sure and I screamed because they shut the door..As I type the tears are starting to flow and it feels like yesterday...not three years ago...I rember a priest sat with me before or maybe after I saw Ronnie to ask me what I was going to do..My daughter Jessica was sitting beside me and I asked her to call Auntie Donna (my sister) and ask her to call hte family and tell them..i called my other daughter Stephanie and told her and said I didnt want her driving until Scott got home...Ronnies girlfriend Erin arrived at some point and his friends Jen, Bobby and Scott came.His friend from work came...I have so mnay fragmented thoughts..I was told that someone had put up a cross at the accident scene..My girls wanted to put a picture on it so people could see my beautiful boy..Flowers were brought and candles were brought.SOmeone left a skateboard, doritos, life saver ggummies, yogurt...ROnnies best friend went awol form the army to be at Ronnies funeral and asked to bury his urn but did this after we had left the site..I reemmber sitting at the cross with candles burning to 2-3 am..Erin would call and ask me what I was doing and I would ask where are you and she would say at the cross..this would be 9-10 or 11 at night...I would get in my car and go sit with her..On Ronnies first angel day my daughter Jess and I both not knowing where the other had gone wound up at the cross and stayed till 3 in the morning....SHe told me she sat in her car the day after Ronnies 3rd angel date..Im sorry I wasnt closer I would have been there..
I will in time learn to live with this pain but I will never get over it or forget the beautiful boy that I had for 21 years....
Love and hugs to you all on htis very very hard journey of pain,
Karen Ronnie's Momwww.ronnie-hetu.memory-of.com